Randomly acknowledging some forum members

snydes

Staff member
I was thinking about the group we have here and what a good group it is. Very little problems and quite a lot of talent in a variety of areas. We have many members that go above and beyond but I did want to single out a few here that I think need some recognition.

@Redwolf , I've been taking notice for awhile how Redwolf is always involved in the discussions, trying to be helpful whenever he can and generally making new members feel welcome when they post a question that doesn't immediately get replies. Nothing worse than being new on a forum, asking a question and then either getting absolutely no response or some smart ass reply, and having a friendly reply even if it doesn't immediately answer the question helps keep everybody from clamming up.

It's hard not to notice the comic relief we get from @C5tor . I can only imagine what this guy is like in person! Everybody needs to laugh a little and I know he has put a smile on my face a number of times. Definitely helps with the overall mood on the forum.

@F451 . Another member who has shared a lot of his experiences and taken the time to document some of his work on his Alta to help others, and just overall very active in the discussions. Generally just a good member of the community.

If I missed anyone I apologize, feel free to add them to the list. If you noticed that some of our core talent is not being mentioned it was because I felt they had gotten recognition already, and the point of my post was to point out those I felt needed a "shout out".

So thank you to everyone who participates in making this group what it is, newer members and the old core group (you know who you are). Lets keep this good thing going!

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I would also like to throw up a shout out to a few more members as well.

@TCMB371 for his great contributions and expertise around things like MultiTool and his various 3D printed items, etc. And his excellent MX vids that prove you can ride these things on the track with the big bikes (even if you have to add your own sound effects.)

@Mark911 for his mad scientist electrical advice.

@OneLapper for being an excellent example of what a regional expert should be while providing personalized support for the folks in his area.

Our resident ex-Alta employees like @Rashid510, @Judaslefourbe and others for providing insight into the inner workings of the bikes, while also letting us know who to blame for various design oversights.

And of course our fearless moderators @Philip and @snydes for helping coordinate this great group and this great community to keep these cool bike running without manufacturer support. I think the reason that so many bikes are still running and our resale value is still quite high can be attributed directly to the existence of this community, its resources and member expertise.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Had I not been working on my mid week day drinking, a fine bourbon I might add, I would have the ability to respond in multi sentence answers.

Or even simple coherent phrases... Now what did I do with my cigar?

Oh yeah, thanks again to @Philip and @snydes for keeping the lights on, and everyone else for keeping us awake.

privateer703

AOF Addict
I'm not big on social media, I don't use facebook, instagram, or twitter, but for some reason I have to check this site every 10 damn minutes to read what you guys are saying. Maybe it's the courageous nature of those of us willing to own a rare bike with unsupported technology, but for some reason this group entertains, educates, and generally seems like a great group. I feel like this is one of the only forums where people are always supportive, generous and kind. I haven't seen one troll or hater in the bunch, which (and maybe I'm wrong cause I just don't use social media) I feel is unique to this forum only. So thanks to everyone for just being cool. Ok, maybe cool is too strong, I think just by owning these machines we are geeks at heart. So cheers to us!

F451

@snydes thanks for the mention, so many good peeps here way before my time. Thanks Philip and everyone else, if it wasn't for this forum and everyone here I wouldn't even consider owning an Alta. This Alta Motors Mutual Admiration Society Meeting is now in session, Lol.

So there were, there were two of us in the wolf pack. I was o- i was alone in the wolf pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought “wait a second, could it be?” And now i know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, In Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, i make a toast.

giphy.gif

VINSANITY

I think Phillip set of the forum up to track individuals with “unacceptable behavior” and then if needed he sends a secret code which permanently “neutralizes” the non conforming individual - or something similar

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think Phillip set of the forum up to track individuals with “unacceptable behavior” and then if needed he sends a secret code which permanently “neutralizes” the non conforming individual - or something similar
We had to ban maybe only a couple of guys who were disruptive to the discussions or disrespectful to other members. They actually asked themselves to be removed. I hate doing that, and luckily, for the most part I don't have to. Things are usually working smoothly around here, thanks to our common sense and common interests.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not big on social media, I don't use facebook, instagram, or twitter, but for some reason I have to check this site every 10 damn minutes to read what you guys are saying.
I am actually highly allergic to social media. But I have never considered internet forums to be "social media". To me social media is like a hangout place to hold water cooler conversations about football, weather, and sometimes politics with people you know or with those who just happen to be there on that day. I can't do it. But forums are different. They are like those tech conferences, Comic-Cons, etc. A place where you go to discuss things that you actually care about with people who actually know about these things.

Butch

Poseur
You guys rock. I crossed paths last week with two founders, Marc and Jeff. More advice... that and now I have new footpegs and springs, thanks to you guys and Liquid Performance. Marc and Jeff acknowledged Rashid510 is the man.
This really is an exceptional group of children behaving professionally,

zootie

I would also like to throw up a shout out to a few more members as well.

@TCMB371 for his great contributions and expertise around things like MultiTool and his various 3D printed items, etc. And his excellent MX vids that prove you can ride these things on the track with the big bikes (even if you have to add your own sound effects.)

@Mark911 for his mad scientist electrical advice.

@OneLapper for being an excellent example of what a regional expert should be while providing personalized support for the folks in his area.

Our resident ex-Alta employees like @Rashid510, @Judaslefourbe and others for providing insight into the inner workings of the bikes, while also letting us know who to blame for various design oversights.

And of course our fearless moderators @Philip and @snydes for helping coordinate this great group and this great community to keep these cool bike running without manufacturer support. I think the reason that so many bikes are still running and our resale value is still quite high can be attributed directly to the existence of this community, its resources and member expertise.
Agreed....the best forum on the planet. How about Alta Forum Mutual Admiration Society t-shirts?