Questions!

photon

Hello Everyone,

I own an electric car! the dealer and the manufacturer, recommend charging the battery only to 80% for longevity of the batteries, I'm guessing this will apply to alta bikes too!

i'd like to hear your opinions on this, hence as far as i know we can't get these battery packs!

thank you

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Yes, the general rule of thumb is store the bike between 50 and 70% SOT. I'll normally charge my bike the night before I plan on taking a ride, giving it all the time it wants to balance the cells.

When I'm at the track, I'll charge the bike between motos and the sprint tests. After the event, I'll charge the bike up to 50% again and let it sit till the next time I plan to ride.

photon

sounds good Mark!
another question, when my slow charger done charging the bike, i don't get the solid green, i get the blinking standby green light!

any inside on this is appreciated.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Tighten up your swing arm bolt! It looks loose.

My kickstand does the same thing. I'll need to see which way my spring is installed!

Bloak

Single torx screw on bottom. Loosen and throttle tube can be removed from handlebars.
Two screws holding housing together do not need to be removed or loosened

photon

Single torx screw on bottom. Loosen and throttle tube can be removed from handlebars.
Two screws holding housing together do not need to be removed or loosened
thank you for the response!
will that allow me to remove the housing also, cuz im replacing the bars! thank you

rayivers

when my slow charger done charging the bike, i don't get the solid green, i get the blinking standby green light!

+1

I'll normally charge my bike the night before I plan on taking a ride, giving it all the time it wants to balance the cells.

How does one know when the balancing phase is complete? The manual states "When complete, disconnect the charger cords, and store in a safe area."

For reference, my Zero's battery LEDs continue to indicate balancing after (sometimes long after) the main charging indication on the display reads 100%.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
+1

How does one know when the balancing phase is complete? The manual states "When complete, disconnect the charger cords, and store in a safe area."

For reference, my Zero's battery LEDs continue to indicate balancing after (sometimes long after) the main charging indication on the display reads 100%.

Once balancing is complete, the charger shuts off, as does the bike (after the timeout period). Balancing occurs at the end of the charging cycle.

rayivers

Once balancing is complete, the charger shuts off, as does the bike (after the timeout period). Balancing occurs at the end of the charging cycle.

Wow - guess that info just wasn't considered important enough for the manual. My battery's cells haven't balanced themselves ever, since day one. :(

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Wow - guess that info just wasn't considered important enough for the manual. My battery's cells haven't balanced themselves ever, since day one. :(

Meaning, you've never let the charger complete the charge cycle, to the point that the charger shuts off by itself?

rayivers

Meaning, you've never let the charger complete the charge cycle, to the point that the charger shuts off by itself?
Yes. My understanding was that a blinking-red LED on the standard charger meant charging in progress, and a blinking green light meant charge complete (which I got from this forum, the manual mentions none of this).