Power station? Eco Flow or Anker SOLIX F3800

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
My friend just got his 3800 and when plugged in the L14-30 port the stark power converter just clicks. Did you get yours yet? Does it charge? I'm thinking the wiring is not correct for the stark and will need another adapter.
This is normal, unfortunately. If the Anker unit is plugged into 110V, you cannot get 240V out of it. Unplug it first, then you will get 240V, and then you will be able to charge your Varg/Redshift/etc. with 240V.

It is a shortcoming of this thing, it is sorta described in a very coded language in their FAQ.

Q4: In UPS mode, do the 240V ports work?​

In UPS mode, only the three 120V ports labeled "UPS" are operational; the 240V ports do not function.

fred900

FYI for anyone else that has this problem with the Anker.
We had to make an adapter. For some reason the ground on the Anker was on the bottom, so just made a L14-30 adapter to move ground to the keyed pin and worked no problem.

Chaconne

I have an EcoFlow Delta Pro which I have used to charge the Stark, it is slow since I am not using 240 (you need to strap them to do that and I am on a budget) and I plan to use it mostly for backup. If I run low I can come back to my vehicle for a break and boost it up some. It won't full charge but is good supplemental. I use my bike for trails and enduro not for MX so my needs are not as extreme as a straight MXer. I would have gotten the F3800 for that I think.

The Delta Pro has wheels, is not too heavy, and is pretty good and the Stark charges ok with 120. I considered the F3800 but weight, use case, and cost were factors. A real generator probably would be better (definitely cheaper) but I can't use one of those in my situation so the Delta Pro serves for both riding and home.

Chaconne

FYI for anyone else that has this problem with the Anker.
We had to make an adapter. For some reason the ground on the Anker was on the bottom, so just made a L14-30 adapter to move ground to the keyed pin and worked no problem.
People have reported similar problems with the Anker in charge tests with cars.