Post your Miles/Hours

Scooter584

2018 MXR
Vin 422
293 miles
19.7 hours
As I look at that I realize that's not much I've put on it, I have a YZ 144 and 250 though that I ride a lot too. I often think about selling the Alta but then I ride at the track or trails or just buzz it around town (silently 😁) and I don't want to sell it. Story goes, I was an avid racer (MX) and two bikes my own tracks on my parents farm, equipment to work on said tracks, friends to help out, good job to buy bikes parts and equipment. I broke my back in 2017 downhill mountain biking and have made pretty much a full recovery, just lacking some mobility and strength but that's still coming back around so I'm pretty much all good. I took over a year off of riding and that was a lot for me as I've only taken off as much as it took for a bone to heal and cut the cast off and go! But this was different, and I was pushing 40 yrs old so my mind changed a bit. The new Alta MXR comes out and I thought what a great way to ride I won't "have" to race I can just ride....no pressure. I can go up or down in maps and take it easy...which I'm finding very difficult, how does one just go slower after you were taught to go as fast as you can?? So I ended up buying the Alta in hopes of still being able to ride around and not have to hit the big jumps and go racing. It is a fun bike it really is a great bike and on the track it is great as well but there are some differences that are hard to combat after riding ICE bikes all your life. I often wonder if I'm doing myself a favor of hurting myself as I don't feel as comfortable on the Alta as I thought I would, I don't ride as much as I used to ,( easily 100 +hours a year) so I question selling it a lot. I figured I would have a ton of time on it but I just don't.....anyone else relate?

zootie

Thought it would be fun to check in on how many miles/hours everyone has logged on their Alta's thus far.

Here's mine:

2018 MXR - VIN# 399 - 1316 miles / 75 hours
2019 EXR - VIN# 159 - 1160 miles / 52 hours

No major issues thus far! Just some frustrations with my harbor freight generator popping the breaker on hot days, and i've broken 3 stock front fender brackets on the MXR just from normal riding. Will be converting over to the KTM front plastics soon.
2018 MXR - VIN#448 - 1036.7 miles

Don Thuren

Sorry for the ramblings but thought maybe that would help understand the lack of hours

At first I found the Alta a bit weird, but now it's all I want to ride. Especially as i get the suspension dialed and better tires etc on it. I think the factory suspension is pretty far off, and it really hurts the first impression/confidence etc..

wwmotors

Yesterday my MXR saw 5000kms of MX on the ODO/162 hours. No problems, only charging and riding! Best bike I ever had!

View attachment 6068
Update: It is unbelievable: After over 5000kms and 160 hours of MX riding and 400h on the charger, the battery cells are only 0,01 Volts different! Check today after 2 months of Corona stop: Max cell 3,7 Volt, Min cell 3,69 Volt! Best bike I ever had! Cheers WW