Plastics 2021

Hippiewhobbies

So I just surfed through some posts for the past hour. Learned some things and seen some guys are making/had made moves towards new plastic options.

My question is, what are our current options for plastics and subframe as of 2021?

I'm in need of a new subframe and plastics. I did see that I could get a subframe from liquid performance.

I really don't want to sell my alta but trying to track down plastics and parts is really disheartening.

There was some guys, or a guy who was going to have a go at using a KTM rear subframe and plastics, not sure who it was now or if they did.
Honda or KTM for the front will work.
Shrouds is something that Matt is hopefully going to be able to scan in at some point too.
Maybe it's possible for the elusive right side now also?.

Did you snap your subframe?.

F451

There was some guys, or a guy who was going to have a go at using a KTM rear subframe and plastics, not sure who it was now or if they did.
Honda or KTM for the front will work.
Shrouds is something that Matt is hopefully going to be able to scan in at some point too.
Maybe it's possible for the elusive right side now also?.

Did you snap your subframe?.

This thread shows an Alta with a KTM subframe, this is what I will do if my subframe ever bites the dust, but I would try to add the side number plates to cover the open area around the shock: Subframe modification/replacement

Looks like a relatively easy fab job to weld the KTM subframe onto the Alta subframe mounts, just do some careful fitting and measuring before you weld it up. Then you have a life time supply of KTM rear fenders and side number plates.

Seat fitment is also an issue, but I think could easily be done using the Alta seat.

I think that was @Ronny Showman that had the custom FMX setup for his Alta.

Electric FMX

img-20191111-wa0006-jpg.4203

Hippiewhobbies

Yes, Liquid Performance should be your first source for all plastics. If they don't have something, then let us know, because I think they had almost all plastic.
Appreciate that. Yeah like others have stated, just the right side panel is all that was mia on their ebay page.

I'd recommend that someone here look into 3D printing, and vacuum forming. lots of good youtubes on these. Even if the vacuum forming provides a result that is a little thin, you could cover with fiberglass or carbon-fiber/resin. Just need to start with the right size/shape with mounting holes in the right location...