Perry Mountain 24hr

wildman240

So we did a thing last weekend...the Perry Mountain 24hr in Alabama. Ended up taking home 5th place. I even made Dirt Bike magazine because of the Alta. Magazine image was taken after my Mr. Fusion flew off on the second lap of my second stint. Fortunately the front plate mounted Flux Capacitor was fully charged and got me back to pits.

20210604_124717.jpg

IMG_20210607_184931.jpg

wildman240

Awesome! How did that event compare to the NE 24hr? Only Alta on your team?
Conditions were much more difficult overall. Lots of rain that turned sand into very sticky mud by the end. I was the only Alta in the entire race (only electric for that matter). We had a Husky 350 (husband and wife shared), Husky 450 and a KTM 350. 6th rider ghosted us.

evh1

Well done wildman! So glad you ran the Alta. I rode mine in last year's Gobbler Getter Enduro at Maplesville and got 46 miles at race pace on one charge, mode 1. How many laps did you do at one time,,,8 mile laps right?
Very positive response from all the ICE riders there for me? How were you received?

wildman240

Well done wildman! So glad you ran the Alta. I rode mine in last year's Gobbler Getter Enduro at Maplesville and got 46 miles at race pace on one charge, mode 1. How many laps did you do at one time,,,8 mile laps right?
Very positive response from all the ICE riders there for me? How were you received?
I originally registered to run my '99 RM250 in Ironman but some friends put together a last minute 6 rider team so I was able to run the Alta. It was just a tick over 9 miles per lap. At race pace I could only get 2 laps per charge...25% wasn't enough comfort room to try a third lap, especially at night. Knowing I had the juice for 2 full laps I ran it in map 4 and let her eat. Had people approach me all weekend, including during the race as we can talk while racing to people in corners.

evh1

Interesting! I get the hesitation at night for a third lap cause when it's out of juice, it's pretty sudden. Map 4/3 would be a hand full for me in the woods even if the course was a little wider than usual for night time safety etc.... I'm impressed! The conditions looked fairly gnarly especially the uphills at night. Well, way to represent the E-bike world and Altas especially as it shows how we recognized a true well designed bike platform. Most of the guys here went into this ownership with eyes wide open and have been justified through the few years with Altas. Just reiterates the damn shame this platform didn't get the funding to continue. I can't imagine what an Alta would be like now if it had not gone out of biz. Ride More!