Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge -- June 1-2, 2019

Emoto2577

2018 24 Hour Challenge

Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge

June 2019

6 man 6 bike class.

25-30 minute laps average.

Track consits of motocross track, grass track and and some of the best flowy woods in the nation.

Use Task Racing helmet lights and light bar with external battery.
Task Racing

Possibility of having 240v ran to our pit.

I need atleast 5 guys for a team

If we are able to get multiple teams we could create E-class

Who is in?

teddyquinn

2018 24 Hour Challenge

Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge

June 2019

6 man 6 bike class.

25-30 minute laps average.

Track consits of motocross track, grass track and and some of the best flowy woods in the nation.

Use Task Racing helmet lights and light bar with external battery.
Task Racing

Possibility of having 240v ran to our pit.

I need atleast 5 guys for a team

If we are able to get multiple teams we could create E-class

Who is in?
So great! I wanted to plan a team for next year's Northeast 24hr Challenge (in Western, NY)

Speedkills

I don't have a truck so getting my bike that far east might take some doing, plus I haven't run a course like that in years, since the 24 hour race in Eastern Washington 5+ years back, but the thought of being on an all electric team does sound pretty fun.

Emoto2577

Is this in Maplesville, AL? And would each rider race like 8-9 laps over a 24-hour period, a total of 4 hours?

It's kinda cool, like the Baja 1000, except not in a Mexican desert. Pencil me in!
It is in Maplesville Alabama. It adds an extra strategy game for sure. The strategy has always been to spend less time in the pits. You lose time every time a bike goes down pit road. However with the Alta, a riders style of riding could mean the difference between 1 or 2 laps on a bike at a time. Additionally alot happens in 24 hours so things rarely go as planned. The idea would be for everyone to ride the same number of laps. One guy out on the course while another guy is waiting in the pits to go out at any time if there is an issue. It's a good time.

snydes

Staff member
I just finished watching that full course video.... that's a really nice loop! 2 laps is definitely possible depending on the rider as you said. Then 1.5 to 2 hours max recharge time depending on what bike you have and how far down you ran it, which if making two laps it should be pretty low. The 6 bike format should be about ideal for the Alta.

snydes

Staff member
When I was at Highland Park back in February I was talking to an Alta rep from that area that raced who may possibly be up for this. @datadog would you know who this is and how to get the word to him?

CK696

Hey @Emoto2577 , I just bought my MXR in Louisiana last week, and am taking her out this weekend for the first time (as an owner. I've run the demo a few times).

I've raced the SERA, LACC, and the southern GNCC races over the last few years, on my 300XC-W. I plan to race the SECCA series on the MXR, next year. I will run in the 40C class in SECCA to start, but I really belong in the 40B class, and will move up once I get a handle on the bike.

I would be happy to race the 24 hour with you, if your interested. We can even use each of the bikes in the team race, if you like.

Also, if you are just interested in riding, I am from LA, but I normally ride all over Mississippi. Places like Rattlesnake Bay, Bethel, Meridian, and a private property about 80 of us riders/racers bought and maintain (we pay heavy dues, but its professionally cleaned and cleared, construction bridges, tons of elevation changes, and dozens of trails which all link together for about 35 miles of trails, on 300+ acres) near Yazoo City.

Let me know if you are interested in riding or racing together.

CK696
2018 Redshift MXR
Bark Buster, Pegs, Skid Plate, Front and Read Disk Guards, Left Hand Rear Brake

snydes

Staff member
I spoke with him recently. I believe that he is in.

That's good, I can't remember his name but we talked for a good while at Highland Park and he sounded like he'd be a good candidate for this sort of thing. I believe I would be game but I will warn while I consider myself an experienced rider, I'm not an experienced competitor but if you are scraping for participants I think I could hang. If you get 5 experienced racers that are in I will step back or be an alternate. I just want to ride that track!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
That's good, I can't remember his name but we talked for a good while at Highland Park and he sounded like he'd be a good candidate for this sort of thing. I believe I would be game but I will warn while I consider myself an experienced rider, I'm not an experienced competitor but if you are scraping for participants I think I could hang. If you get 5 experienced racers that are in I will step back or be an alternate. I just want to ride that track!
I wouldn't worry about the skill level. Just roll on the throttle and keep it open. Just kidding, LOL! I am not sure how competitive our all-electric team will be and I do not care. I think it will be fun either way. You should come and race!

snydes

Staff member
I wouldn't worry about the skill level. Just roll on the throttle and keep it open. Just kidding, LOL! I am not sure how competitive our all-electric team will be and I do not care. I think it will be fun either way. You should come and race!

:ROFLMAO:Yeah, having to pit every two laps is probably going to hurt but I agree, it does look like a good time. I am excited at the idea. It sounds like we have 6 potential riders already and most likely more to come so it should be a go.

I guess maybe we should start discussing lighting options? There are quite a few options from that Task Racing. I don’t know what would be considered the minimum amount of lighting needed for something like this. There is an unused 12v plug on the MXR and (I assume) the MX behind the number plate that could possibly be utilized.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I guess maybe we should start discussing lighting options? There are quite a few options from that Task Racing. I don’t know what would be considered the minimum amount of lighting needed for something like this. There is an unused 12v plug on the MXR and (I assume) the MX behind the number plate that could possibly be utilized.
Yeah, we have to get creative with the lighting. As of now, I do not know if any of the street legal lighting options would be sufficient for night racing. Maybe @MotoMinded could educate us what can be plugged into the bike's harnesses and still work?

Else, maybe we could convince Alta to write us a racing firmware! It should have 65hp, 100mph top speed, a 10mph pit lane cruise control, and of course an option to plug in huge Baja Designs LED light bars.