Password for Dealer Laptop

wwmotors

Hello ALTA guys, i got with the last 5 bikes from LA also the dealer laptop for servicing and updating firmware from that dealer. Now I want to install some additional software for playing the ALTA service videos (mp4), but the laptop wants a "password for root", see picture. Does someone know that password? May be, that was always the same password, ALTA used for all laptops!? Tha password , what I have for starting windows is not working. Thanks for Your help.

IMG_6907.jpg

schwankl

pretty sure the alta user was in sudoers ... so you could just bring up a terminal and `sudo su - root` ...then `passwd` (to change the root password) or just `sudo apt-get install whateversoftware`

Bloak

Another option is to wipe is and start fresh. Around here, local computer place wiped a laptop and installed Ubuntu for $40. Then I installed MT on it.
If there are files on the computer you need, local computer place should be able to recover as well.

snydes

Staff member
If your laptop only has the dealer version of MT on it now, than you are probably just better off following the advice from the above two posts.