Passenger pegs

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
You can let the passenger use your pegs, and you dangle your feet.

You can also rest your feet on top of theirs, if they are not wearing sandals.

Speedkills

I have a set of those universals and use them when I take my wife for a ride down to the waterfront or the park. They work better on the 2019 EXR footpegs than the 2018 SM footpegs, but with both I wouldn't be surprised if they fell off sooner or later. We haven't had any problem losing them around town, but they fall off when my wife gets on the bike occasionally, you have to have weight only straight down on them, and there is no locking in place, so if a shoe taps sideways or up a little getting on the bike they will fall right off. Overall I would say they aren't a very good solution, but I don't know of anything better at the moment. If anyone does, let us know.

griffbl

I have a set of those universals and use them when I take my wife for a ride down to the waterfront or the park. They work better on the 2019 EXR footpegs than the 2018 SM footpegs, but with both I wouldn't be surprised if they fell off sooner or later. We haven't had any problem losing them around town, but they fall off when my wife gets on the bike occasionally, you have to have weight only straight down on them, and there is no locking in place, so if a shoe taps sideways or up a little getting on the bike they will fall right off. Overall I would say they aren't a very good solution, but I don't know of anything better at the moment. If anyone does, let us know.
Great review! Exactly what I needed to know. I had hoped they stayed in place a bit better. Sounds like they are better than nothing. I especially wondered which style works best on the 2019 EXR ....Universal? It sounds like the only version that fits the 2019 is the universal style? I think our pegs on the 2019’s are Yamaha Pegs. Thanks Again!

Oded

Glad you find it useful. They do seem heavy duty. Make sure you get the correct version.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
What about horse style saddle stirrups ? Not much use when mounting bike but for leisurely trips? Putting weight on seat vs