Overheat warning

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
19 EXR

Condition- near full throttle on interstate 75mph
Ambient high 40’s eventually went away while riding at a mellow pace

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I ridden mine at WOT long enough to use 50% of my battery with no issues. Map 2 as always.
If I'm going to be doing that much slabwork, I would be more likely to take a BMW... But where I live, if I'm going somewhere that requires a lot of road riding, it's beyond the range of the Alta anyhow.

So I have a toy for every task. :ricky:

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
If I'm going to be doing that much slabwork, I would be more likely to take a BMW... But where I live, if I'm going somewhere that requires a lot of road riding, it's beyond the range of the Alta anyhow.

So I have a toy for every task. :ricky:
I normally only ride the road like this to discharge my battery after charging if I am not going out for a regular off road ride type ride.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
19 EXR

Condition- near full throttle on interstate 75mph
Ambient high 40’s eventually went away while riding at a mellow pace
I went for a short ride yesterday between rain/snow storms, it was 48F, and I rode WOT from hot off full charger to 50% SOC. Traveled about 13-14 miles. Couldn't duplicate what you experienced.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
When the error occurred & after my ingnorant interpretation was it was a conditional error vs an issue error...

Reactions: Rix

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
War
Was it just a warning light, or did it also reduce output power too?
warning light - slightly flattened top end but did not push it - I slowed & reduced my power requests... light went off I switched to map 4 & flogged it -no further issues

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Probably just the machine complaining about how boring interstates are to ride. Best keep it happy by staying on smaller and more interesting roads in the future; or even better, avoid roads altogether!

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I will say it took a significant 1hr almost to balance cells on following charge cycle