Want to buy On order, close 'er up

Rainmaker

I am not selling but just added a left hand rear brake from a used kit that came off a KTM that I was lucky to find at a deal and it fit.
Rekluse RMS-5302A dual actuated (keeps the foot lever also)

791514B7-3EB1-411B-BB32-4F13EA9B4866.jpeg

FB0FFD38-BC90-4D8F-AB58-177BDED61DE4.jpeg

Ross Shafer

thanks Rashid, I'll give them a call. I've got that hose in my sights as well and will nab one if I can't find the full kit in the next few days. Gotta have a lhrb! Don't mind ditching the pedal.

Ross Shafer

Has anyone used a Magura 9.5mm master? I know they're s'posed to be used with Mineral oil, but apparently some folks have had no probs using DOT fluid.

F451

Has anyone used a Magura 9.5mm master? I know they're s'posed to be used with Mineral oil, but apparently some folks have had no probs using DOT fluid.

I believe the problems happen when you mix fluids in the systems, or do not thoroughly clean them when changing fluids in them. Plenty of reports of using clutch masters with brake fluid with no ill effects. I'll be doing this as soon as I receive my custom line from Spiegler, don't anticipate any issues.

wildman240

I have the Alta LHRB factory kit installed on my MX and ditched the foot brake completely. One finger will lock up the rear if you're so inclined. I'm very happy with it. I also have my eMTB set up the same way so I don't have to practice different techniques. Best part is super technical stuff and not having to try to keep a toe on the pedal.

Ross Shafer

thanks for the Recluse info, pretty much what I'd determined from my research. I rode bikes, road and MTB for many years (designed & built them too, Salsa Cycles) and always ran a right hand front, rear left set up. So it'll feel like home...then maybe I'll finally get off my butt and put a LHRB on my KTM 690 and 950. Appreciate the input everyone!

Butch

Poseur
Hey Ross Shafer... back in the day I knew a guy named Bungee, worked for Specialized, was a big Salsa guy. Cupertino, the seventies...

i have always had my front brake on the right... it messes with folks. And the other is so impure.

Ross Shafer

@Rainmaker I'm thinking about getting a kit like this for my that keeps the foot pedal active. How has it been working the last 1.5 months? Do you like the Rekluse kit?
Howdy,
After a bunch of research I decided to ditch the pedal and bought the OEM Alta brake line on ebay and a 9mm matura clutch master. Finding the right master was a bit of a hassle. I ordered the Brembo version from two different vendors only to be told after purchase, it was on back order til August both times. I bought 2 off ebay that were sold as 9mm, but 9.5mm was delivered both times....accck! Fortunately the second ebay guy did have a nice new 9mm in stock. It only arrived last week and I haven't installed anything yet. Sorry I can't give you anymore feedback than that.

useless

Howdy,
After a bunch of research I decided to ditch the pedal and bought the OEM Alta brake line on ebay and a 9mm matura clutch master. Finding the right master was a bit of a hassle. I ordered the Brembo version from two different vendors only to be told after purchase, it was on back order til August both times. I bought 2 off ebay that were sold as 9mm, but 9.5mm was delivered both times....accck! Fortunately the second ebay guy did have a nice new 9mm in stock. It only arrived last week and I haven't installed anything yet. Sorry I can't give you anymore feedback than that.

Thanks for the update! Why did you get rid of the Rekluse? Not powerful enough?

I like the idea of the dual actuation method mostly for when friends ride my SM... some of them wouldn't know what to do without their footbrake.

Also.... what did you do with your old Rekluse kit? I might be in the market ;)

Ross Shafer

Hey Ross Shafer... back in the day I knew a guy named Bungee, worked for Specialized, was a big Salsa guy. Cupertino, the seventies...

i have always had my front brake on the right... it messes with folks. And the other is so impure.

You mean Bungee Mordecai Gitane...of Bullet Enterprises ("si havas la monen, ni havas la tempon")...no, don't know the guy, sorry.....

Just kidding...I haven't seen that gent in so damn long! What a guy....maybe even an enigma! Love him! Are you still in touch? Specialized!? Who'da thunk?
Me too on the right hand front brake! And yes it did indeed mess with some folks who were used to having it "the wrong way". Thanks for reaching out!

useless

Thanks for the update! Why did you get rid of the Rekluse? Not powerful enough?

I like the idea of the dual actuation method mostly for when friends ride my SM... some of them wouldn't know what to do without their footbrake.

Also.... what did you do with your old Rekluse kit? I might be in the market ;)

Ah, I just realized I got Ross and Rainmaker confused... @Ross Shafer thanks for the explanation of your LHRB setup!

Top Bottom