OEM Part Source

blbills

Hey guys, looking at picking up a used 2017 MX to see what all the hype is about.

Anyone know where I can find replacement OEM parts? Coming up empty handed.

Also is it true that the new "R" pack has increased range? Or does it just charge faster and produce more power (in mode 4)? Debating whether it's worth shelling out the extra cash for a 2019 EXR...

Thanks guys!

snydes

Staff member
Have to rely on dealers for parts. There are several that will ship if your local dealer doesn’t want to.

No increased range with the R, it’s a common misconception. Just faster charging and more power.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we do not now have a thread deliberating the MX vs. the EXR. It's been EX vs EXR, MX vs MXR, and EXR vs MXR. What will you be using the bike for?

blbills

I guess we do not now have a thread deliberating the MX vs. the EXR. It's been EX vs EXR, MX vs MXR, and EXR vs MXR. What will you be using the bike for?

Probably predominately single track. I'll hit the mx track once a month or so too.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
So you do not need the lights then. You may then want to consider the MX vs the MXR. Both bikes are a lot of fun on single track. The MX suspension can be re-sprung and revalved to work at a motocross track. The MXR suspension works okay on most tracks for most C-level riders and occasional B-level.