not ready to start

Cyssko

hi everybody

here is my issue
today i was riding my mxr 2018 and while rolling suddenly the throttle stop giving me power ,while slowing down i check the screen and i was not able to read all the message because it disappear really quick but i remember something like this ( invert/ blablabla ) this message never appeared again ,( the screen was showing half battery ) and then i turn off the key , turn it on again i heard the water pump start and stop right away , my screen show me an empty battery and when i press the start button the screen said Not ready to Start
i pass thru my wires , i try a new throttle , and a new run/off switch nothing changes , and also the bike doesn’t charge
i wonder if you guys got any ideas about that
sorry for my english i'm french hahaha

snydes

Staff member
Hmmmm... do you have a diagnostic laptop? First thoughts are to check the firmware version and view the rest of the system status. When you mentioned a potential “inverter” error my thought would have been the known inverter throttle fault but it sounds like there are several more issues happening at once. I think the next logical step is to hook it up to a laptop and see what it shows. Lots of info on here about putting a laptop together or @C5tor has a loaner unit you might be able to utilize.

Keep us posted

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Sounds like your battery lost connection/firmware. Sometimes if the CAN bus drops (which happens alot when updating bikes) you end up losing signal with the battery pack. You might want to try what @snydes recommends and connect the bike to Multitool. That will show you the most accurate reading of the vehicle.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Hmmmm... do you have a diagnostic laptop? First thoughts are to check the firmware version and view the rest of the system status. When you mentioned a potential “inverter” error my thought would have been the known inverter throttle fault but it sounds like there are several more issues happening at once. I think the next logical step is to hook it up to a laptop and see what it shows. Lots of info on here about putting a laptop together or @C5tor has a loaner unit you might be able to utilize.

Keep us posted
I'm not sure if it would be cost effective (or fast) to send a laptop kit from California to Europe, especially since it has lithium battery. Probably best to see if there are any members with a MultiTool laptop in your area first, and then think about building a laptop second. What city/country are you located in, @Cyssko ?

snydes

Staff member
I'm not sure if it would be cost effective (or fast) to send a laptop kit from California to Europe, especially since it has lithium battery. Probably best to see if there are any members with a MultiTool laptop in your area first, and then think about building a laptop second. What city/country are you located in, @Cyssko ?

Good point... had it in my head he was in Canada for some reason :unsure:

Cyssko

hello guys thank you so much for all your answers , i got a diagnostic cable at home but like a dumb ass i travel south with my bike and without it ahahah
anyway this week i'll be back home and i'm gonna try this diagnostic setup with multitool

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
hello guys thank you so much for all your answers , i got a diagnostic cable at home but like a dumb ass i travel south with my bike and without it ahahah
anyway this week i'll be back home and i'm gonna try this diagnostic setup with multitool
Are you still in the USA? If so we could probably get you some equipment.

Cyssko

Are you still in the USA? If so we could probably get you some equipment.
hello
Unfortunately i'm back in france with my bikes
i'm still working on it
at some point my bike start acting like normal again i was able to see the amont of charge and i did 20km ride and then everything shut down and the screen said Vcell timeout

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
hello
Unfortunately i'm back in france with my bikes
i'm still working on it
at some point my bike start acting like normal again i was able to see the amont of charge and i did 20km ride and then everything shut down and the screen said Vcell timeout
Hey @Cyssko, did you ever figure out the vcell timeout issue? We have another member locally with a "Battery Vcell Timeout" error as well.