New warning

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Yeah, trying to follow Philip to capture footage of him left battle wounds all over my neck and chest. I now feel bad for all riders that try to follow me/ now i know how much the roost hurts and will try to aim it at riders behind me :ricky:

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Yeah, trying to follow Philip to capture footage of him left battle wounds all over my neck and chest. I now feel bad for all riders that try to follow me/ now i know how much the roost hurts and will try to aim it at riders behind me :ricky:

I'll be more impressed if you can aim it at riders ahead of you...:p

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Derek Dorresteyn mentioned a few times that Alta has a different power delivery and therefore needs a different suspension tuning.

Until now we only had some anecdotal evidence of Alta having more traction in certain situations. But I think this plentiful roost finally confirms what Derek has been saying.

I wonder if some Alta experts @Tuner would like to chime in and tell us how exactly the Alta suspension was set up differently from the gas bikes, and why.

evh1

I have to chime in here and say that during the 46 miles I rode my Alta in the national enduro, there were several times when I was able to gain spots due to superior traction in different environs...namely mud, tight terrain and up hills..all due to electric type power delivery and careful modulation of the copious torque. I found throttle control super critical in many areas where on a gas burner it was just send it and hope! I did set my sag at a full 2-3/4" and dropped 4 clicks on the compression. Rebound, I went up 2 clicks. A side benefit to this was I could walk the bike very easily flat footed if need be and still didn't bottom out the suspension...there aren't really any doubles and zero triples out there to contend with, so I had a very terrain soaking ride going.