New speedometer display screen

Ilana Evelyn

Hi. I'm looking for a place to buy a new screen for my ex 2018. My friend will be in the US next month and will pick it up. Someone knows of a dealership that has any spare screens in stock?

snydes

Staff member
As far as we know on this forum there are none available. We are currently working on options but it’s unknown when we will have a solution. There are currently multiple owners that need displays.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
There are no new displays anywhere that I know of. Alta was out and was building a new batch the day before the shutdown. Dealers are unlikely to stock such an expensive item. New displays are now all on new bikes.

Your best course of action right now is to wait. Use a trip meter app to estimate your battery state of charge.

If Alta gets bought out, they will start making displays again.

If Alta goes bankrupt and closes doors forever, then we will very likely have Alta engineers here who will be able to reveal how to build or repair these displays.

If none of this happens, the EX and MX bikes are the cheapest and most plentiful. You will always be able to buy one to ride, or to keep for spare parts. I have just bought a second MXR because I like having two bikes, and I want to make sure I am never stranded with one bike not working.

EDIT 6/30/2019: Alta Electronics