New Seat

Duncan

Got the Seat Concepts tall seat foam and cover, does not include seat pan, assembled easily, totally pleased,

I am 6'2"and always get a tall seat, makes riding much less cramped and more comfortable.

I recommend for riders 6'0"and taller.

Did not raise bars and not sure if I want to.

seat.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like $180-200 if for just the skin and the foam, and you have to staple then onto your old stock base yourself. Not that I don't own a pneumatic stapler gun, but I hoped to get an assembled seat with the plastic base for a few bucks more, or less, and keep the stock seat unmolested.

Yep. Thee price is $70-90 for the skin and $100 for the foam. This must be some tempurpedic memory foam!

I am not crazy that the seat is also raised in the rear. My legs are not THAT long! When I have nothing to do, I might try to shim the stock foam in the front and the middle. Maybe it will be all I need. I might call to buy their cover though, it does look grippy.
alta_oem_tall01_1024x1024.jpg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I am installing a couple Seat Concepts “Alta Low OEM” covers with lower foam today. I and my sons are a bit tippy toe on the stock seats on the MX & MXR, so I thought I would try these out. Looks like they are roughly 1.5” lower at the lowest point. Nice quality. We will see about durability. Pretty pricey. The Alta seat base is definitely the thinest plastic base I have experience with. Don’t use staples longer than 1/4”!

Here are a few pics of stock vs Seat Concepts.

1588541008733.jpg
1588541101246.jpg
1588541128837.jpg

Here is the contour of the stock seat in the back and SC Low in the front.
1588541229151.jpg
1588541255515.jpg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Interested to hear what you think of it on the trail, and how it feels, Looks like it might be worthwhile for us with shorter inseams.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Interested to hear what you think of it on the trail, and how it feels, Looks like it might be worthwhile for us with shorter inseams.
Would love to. But it might be a while before we can ride here in Cali. All Off Hiway parks are closed, state parks, national forests, etc. At least here in the Bay Area, there aren’t really any open spaces that we can ride within a reasonable distance, and all the cool areas are private property.

Really tempted to post a classified ad: “Lonely electric dirtbike rider seeks accommodating person with pasture or open acreage to ride. Ultra quiet. Not a hooligan. Cow poop OK. Will mow your field.”

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I understand the situation, not too different here in Washington. I do know a few places in Eastern Oregon that are probably not being patrolled, but it's quite a drive from anywhere...

VINSANITY

I installed the low profile seat concepts seat and didn’t work out for me - it has an awkward shape in my opinion making it harder to shift your weight side to side - on the positive side it is a really good quality item.

Willing to sell mine if someone is interested.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I installed the low profile seat concepts seat and didn’t work out for me - it has an awkward shape in my opinion making it harder to shift your weight side to side - on the positive side it is a really good quality item.

Willing to sell mine if someone is interested.
It is definitely flatter than the stock seat. I don’t anticipate it will make a lot of difference side to side, as I am usually standing, but we’ll see. Mostly for when going really slow or stopped.

F451

I understand the situation, not too different here in Washington. I do know a few places in Eastern Oregon that are probably not being patrolled, but it's quite a drive from anywhere...

WA State ORV areas will be opening tomorrow, 5/5, is going to be a sh*t show for the first few days/weeks. Be sure to check any locations specifically for rules as it seems to be a patch work of rules and regs depending on location.

And I installed a Seat Concepts tall seat on my MXR, decent seat but pretty spendy for just a cover and foam. Was the only tall option I could find so went with it. At 6'5" its helping alot with the sitting/standing transitions.

I also bought a back up stock seat from Liquid Performance, I think it was $70 or so, a steal at that price. Will make selling my bike easier to have the stock height seat, is also handy to have for test rides for my normal sized buddies.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
WA State ORV areas will be opening tomorrow, 5/5, is going to be a sh*t show for the first few days/weeks. Be sure to check any locations specifically for rules as it seems to be a patch work of rules and regs depending on location.

And I installed a Seat Concepts tall seat on my MXR, decent seat but pretty spendy for just a cover and foam. Was the only tall option I could find so went with it. At 6'5" its helping alot with the sitting/standing transitions.

I also bought a back up stock seat from Liquid Performance, I think it was $70 or so, a steal at that price. Will make selling my bike easier to have the stock height seat, is also handy to have for test rides for my normal sized buddies.
Yep, all my bikes are plated, so no need to join the madness at the ORV parks, just ride the forest service roads right from home.