New Predator Inverter Generators

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I just got an advert for some new Harbor Freight inverter generators. Unfortunately the 3500 and 4400 don't appear to have 240v outlets, but the 8750 and 9500 do. Still on the pricey side, but certainly cheaper than the equivalent Honda EU series.

1619202689199.png

Scooter584

I second the briggs & stratton! Not huge and I load it in and out of my van alone. 6500 watts, invertor, 240 v outlet, quiet... I don't know what else there really would be to say about a generator. Bought mine online I think home depot, shipped toy house on a pallet right at $1000

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Does the Q6500 have enough juice to charge two bikes at once (one at 240v and one at 120v)? I need to charge two bikes at the same time, and would rather just bring one generator if possible.

Jayfox911

Does the Q6500 have enough juice to charge two bikes at once (one at 240v and one at 120v)? I need to charge two bikes at the same time, and would rather just bring one generator if possible.
Yes-ish.
I have don’t it but it doesn’t work well.
1. Turn on generator or reset internal overload breaker or reset charger
2. Turn off eco mode to run generator at full throttle/output
3. Plug in one charger
4. Let first bike start charging and wait a couple minutes
5. Plug in second charger and hope it doesn’t trip internal breaker or get the 110 charging warning message on the bike and charging stops.
6. Repeat 1-5 until both bikes stay charging.

I didn’t try two 120v chargers. I used one 240 and one 120 charger. Maybe the two 120 would be fine. Both chargers were rapid chargers but one used the 240 to 120 adapter.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Thanks. That’s pretty much what I figured. It would be right at the limit for that scenario.

Can somebody just go ahead and build a quiet inverter generator with two 240v L14-30r outlets and enough giddy-up to power both, please? I would buy one!

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Thanks. That’s pretty much what I figured. It would be right at the limit for that scenario.

Can somebody just go ahead and build a quiet inverter generator with two 240v L14-30r outlets and enough giddy-up to power both, please? I would buy one!
The Predator 9500 inverter unit should do what you want, with some capacity to spare. And building an inexpensive splitter cord should be well within your abilities.

But I'm sure you already know this...

wildman240