New owner - scary question.. (Code 36)

Brillie35

Make Alta Great Again
While on the subject,
I remember reading somewhere on the forum what the numbering of the 4 modules was relative to the viewing in multitool.
But i can not find it anymore.

Is module 0 on top of the battery and 3 on the bottom?
Or the other way around?

Thanks

Mark911

As more and more people are cracking open these packs I feel obliged to mention one thing (besides the obvious safety hazard). The PCBs in the pack are coated with a thin non-conductive protective film which is pretty rugged. For the most part you just need to keep reasonably clean (absolutely no metallic/conductive debris but unfiltered air is fine). The only exception that I follow is with the BCU cover as it has the Humidity sensor and the sample port should be carefully taped off to prevent any debris or condensation from entering and causing unexplained issues later. Just FYI to the community.

Caution, the PCB coating is good but don't abuse it as there's lots of circuitry that if exposed to dust, condensation, high humidity, skin oils, etc, can cause a fault in the system. Even using a voltmeter/oscilloscope on some circuits can cause an overload, fault or component failure.

paul34

As more and more people are cracking open these packs I feel obliged to mention one thing (besides the obvious safety hazard). The PCBs in the pack are coated with a thin non-conductive protective film which is pretty rugged. For the most part you just need to keep reasonably clean (absolutely no metallic/conductive debris but unfiltered air is fine). The only exception that I follow is with the BCU cover as it has the Humidity sensor and the sample port should be carefully taped off to prevent any debris or condensation from entering and causing unexplained issues later. Just FYI to the community.

Caution, the PCB coating is good but don't abuse it as there's lots of circuitry that if exposed to dust, condensation, high humidity, skin oils, etc, can cause a fault in the system. Even using a voltmeter/oscilloscope on some circuits can cause an overload, fault or component failure.

Mark911 is awesome and has completed this mod for his bike. Trust him.

Edabdo

Here is an image of the laptop screen after just about fully charging the battery. Not certain what things should look like but only one red red area which is inv bus voltage. Not sure what that should be or if its good as it is? I assume that there are 4 modules and the sum of those equals the total voltage of 343.35 at the time of this picture? I had cleared the 35-36 codes and at this level of charge they remain cleared out of the system.

screenshot.jpg

Mark911

A tenth of a volt difference between modules is more than enough to trip a code. Looks like module 1 (0) is your problem child.

snydes

Staff member
I may take you up on that @Mark911What damage will occur if left as it is (other than maybe a quicker discharge rate)?

The P group with the disconnected cell will age faster as it's capacity is reduced and will be subjected to different voltage extremes (mainly lower) than the rest of the P groups.