New graphics

VINSANITY

Installing the graphics on the sub frame must have been a lot of work - it worked out great - was it time consuming

Brent421

Installing the graphics on the sub frame must have been a lot of work - it worked out great - was it time consuming
Actually I did the subframe in a spray wrap just to test the waters. I’ll most likely peel it off and look into a more permanent solution, as I doubt it will hold up what I’ll be putting it through. I may end up going with some sort of duracoat or dip, or maybe even spray paint for plastic as a last resort. I’ll be researching my options while I’m testing the spray wrap. If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed a new graphics kit on my 19 MXR. I’m really liking the look of it now.
View attachment 3794
I like the black subframe. Looks stealthy! The black color really accentuates the Alta's design with its minimalistic rear subframe the only function of which is to hold the seat and the rear fender. There is nothing else there, and the black color shows it very well.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I did the subframe in a spray wrap just to test the waters. I’ll most likely peel it off and look into a more permanent solution, as I doubt it will hold up what I’ll be putting it through. I may end up going with some sort of duracoat or dip, or maybe even spray paint for plastic as a last resort. I’ll be researching my options while I’m testing the spray wrap. If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in!
You can use a thin 3M vinyl. It is super stretchy and sticks with no bubbles.

@OneLapper has wrapped his whole bike with it. Maybe he could share the part number or an Amazon link?

Scooter584

I've heard of and seen some posts in other forums of guys using heated dye and dipping plastic in for a certain amount of time. Like RIT dye, boiling water in Turkey fryer type of deal. The out come looked good too. Don't know about the durability and all of that.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
And more important than looking Sharp with new graphics, taking a rip around town to show them off!!

You didn't forget that step did you?