New from the Enchanted Mitten

evh1

@flintpunk I have run 2 sprint enduros here in AL and have gotten 42 and 46 miles at Mode 1 at a good race clip. I have an enduro background, racing some 40 yrs, and am a rear brake fiend. On the Alta, I too found myself using the r e gen and front brake much more. I found that my only complaint was the stiff throttle return made for a very sore wrist at 30 plus miles and had to tough it out to get to 46. I'm not aware of an easier spring or setup for the Alta throttle someone here can correct me. Its a darn fine bike in the woods and feels, rides like a 200 in weight even weighing much more. Enjoy!

Motophyllic

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum.
Did that seat fit right on or did you just replace the cover. Looking to replace mine with some more color.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
@flintpunk I have run 2 sprint enduros here in AL and have gotten 42 and 46 miles at Mode 1 at a good race clip. I have an enduro background, racing some 40 yrs, and am a rear brake fiend. On the Alta, I too found myself using the r e gen and front brake much more. I found that my only complaint was the stiff throttle return made for a very sore wrist at 30 plus miles and had to tough it out to get to 46. I'm not aware of an easier spring or setup for the Alta throttle someone here can correct me. Its a darn fine bike in the woods and feels, rides like a 200 in weight even weighing much more. Enjoy!

Those are impressive mileage figures. I usually tootle around in Mode 1 myself when on trails, preferring to preserve the battery vs. blasting the trail. I'm not a very proficient offroad rider (coming from 100% street riding), so I'm pretty conservative in my antics. But Mode 1 certainly seems like it would be fast enough to race in and keep up with most other bikes in a lot of terrain, with occasional romps into higher modes as needed to pass or something. Range limits are probably the biggest enemy for most of these races, not speed. I bet it keeps the battery temperature lower as well.

VINSANITY

I changed the return spring in the throttle as I was getting a sore wrist.

It is a tricky job as you have to carefully drill out the heads of two anti-tamper screws to take the throttle apart - drill too deep and you destroy the plastic throttle body - also if can accidentally drill into the inner throttle body - I did a little damage but mine works

Regarding the spring I bought one I thought looked right off ebay and it actually worked - it’s a return spring from a British Webber carburetor - go figure

FD5292A2-DD05-4EF9-B8C5-4C4C3404F2E3.png

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I changed the return spring in the throttle as I was getting a sore wrist.

It is a tricky job as you have to carefully drill out the heads of two anti-tamper screws to take the throttle apart - drill too deep and you destroy the plastic throttle body - also if can accidentally drill into the inner throttle body - I did a little damage but mine works

Regarding the spring I bought one I thought looked right off ebay and it actually worked - it’s a return spring from a British Webber carburetor - go figure

View attachment 5606
$31 shipping?!?! Ouch.

flintpunk

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum.
Did that seat fit right on or did you just replace the cover. Looking to replace mine with some more color.

It’s just a cover for an 89-92 YZ250 that I installed directly over the stock cover. Had to trim the excess underneath and use Brake Clean to take the white Yamaha paint off but it was a very easy and clean installation. I do a lot of seat covers. It gets easier with practice.

flintpunk

My numbers came today! I added the “e” to my regular number for electric. Since it’s technically an open class bike, I went with yellow old school backgrounds. It’s starting to look like a 90s CR500 now😂. Skid plate should be here Wednesday.

8D9530BB-7B16-4B4A-92DC-35D1898FDECB.jpeg

958E5289-5206-4CF3-9F85-CC61098E21B9.png

Top Bottom