New freestyle motocross Raw 100

F451

I just watched again and noticed the audio track is hilarious! Cows mooing, birds and insects chirping, and the wind chimes chiming. Can't get any better than this on a sunny summer day in the country.

I love stopping to smell the roses and take in the sights, gas fume free smells, and the sounds of nature. My last ride up in the mountains I stopped on a wooden bridge just above a river and took in the sounds of the flowing water. It felt so nice to just pull up, roll off the throttle, stop, and enjoy the silence. Once I was ready to ride away, just quietly rolled on the throttle and purred away.

No 2 stroke RING DING and fumes to start it up, no dramatic reving, just quietly roll away. Its the best.

Only bad thing is the possibility of rolling up on unsuspecting bears and mountain lions, but I'm counting on my helmet giving me .2 seconds more of life before they snuff me out if things ever go bad out there, Lol.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I definitely see a lot more wildlife riding my Alta. Almost every ride, we come up on deer and other critters. Saw a bobcat with cubs this summer. That would have never happened on my four-stroke.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
The most dangerous thing I have come upon while riding was a herd of elk... Damn things just stood and watched me as I rode amongst them and on down the trail.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Talk about dangerous, I rode through a herd of savage ATVs recently. They were kicking up dust and spinning donuts, running into each other, tipping over, and basically performing the basic hooligan rutting rituals of most adolescent ATVs. Thanks to my silent approach and the clouds of dust, I was able to pass unnoticed without getting gored or otherwise accosted. But it was a close thing. I got close enough to one to practically touch its whip flag. Crikey! One should never approach a herd of undomesticated quads in the wild without ample escape routes and an extra pair of clean undies.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Domesticated riders on motocross tracks can be very dangerous too. Just today, I was following a guy extremely closely for about 3 laps. Then, all of a sudden, he slows down in the middle of a fast whoops section and slowly cuts across the track right in front of me. I suppose, the domesticated types do not have the sharper hearing of the wild ones.

F451

Lol, you guys are killing me here.

Our local elk herd was not pleased when I rolled by them on a side road. The bull elks immediately took the defensive stance facing in my direction. You could tell this was a new sound to them and they were not pleased. Cows, horses, and dogs, same thing, what the hell is that?!

IMG_4422e-M.jpg