New Alta "Phoenix Edition" -- Canceled.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings, Alta owners and fans of Alta motorcycles.

If you would like to help Alta succeed, consider investing into Alta Motors v2.0. Now there are two ways of doing this:

1) Invest directly in Round 1 seed funding. At this time this option is available only to "accredited investors" (thanks to the SEC).

2) Pre-order a "Phoenix Edition" Alta Redshift from Alta Motors 2.0 (aka NewCo). These bikes will feature a limited-edition resurrection livery, celebrating the Alta Motors' rise from the ashes.

The second option is available to everyone, not just to accredited investors. Ordering a bike from NewCo is technically not an investment but a sale agreement. There is no associated investment risk. If NewCo cannot deliver your bike by July 2019, you will get your money back.

Here are the details:

(1) Base price for new MY 2019 motorcycles:
MX - $11k
EX - $12k
MXR - $12k
EXR - $13k
SM - $13k

(2) Add $500 for Phoenix Edition.

(3) Subtract $1k for 2018 models.

(4) Subtract another $1k for low-mileage vehicles.

(5) Warranty will be similar to previous warranty, but mechanics and legal documentation all new. Yes, these bikes will have a warranty!

(6) Take delivery between April and June (depending on what's already built, and other nuances).

(7) Constructive comments are welcomed and will be taken into consideration.

I am putting together a list of these new customers of Alta Motors v2.0. Please send me a PM if you would like to buy a bike and help your favorite electric motorcycle company. At this time I will need your name, desired model, and your city and state.

Time is of the essence. Please contact me only if you are willing to wire the money within 2 business days from when the assets of OldCo are secured. The expected timeline to fund should be this week or next. NewCo will only collect money if there is a reasonable probability of acquiring the assets of OldCo and delivering bikes before July 2019.

By ordering these Alta Redshift "Phoenix Edition" bikes you are helping Alta Motors v2.0 accelerate the sale of the existing inventory and obtain up to $2 million of much-needed liquidity. This would also send a strong message to professional investors and the motorcycle market.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Another reminder, please DO NOT BUY DEALER FLOOR BIKES. You would only be paying off old creditors and Armanino, and hurting the survival chances of Alta Motors 2.0.

Yes, it is true, you can get a cheaper bike somewhere else today, but if Alta is dead your new bike will not be worth that purchase price. And if Alta does not survive, bikes on dealer floors will only get cheaper (as will the resale value of our current bikes).

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Greetings, Alta owners and fans of Alta motorcycles.

If you would like to help Alta succeed, consider investing into Alta Motors v2.0. Now there are two ways of doing this:

1) Invest directly in Round 1 seed funding. At this time this option is available only to "accredited investors" (thanks to the SEC).

2) Pre-order a "Phoenix Edition" Alta Redshift from Alta Motors 2.0 (aka NewCo). These bikes will feature a limited-edition resurrection livery, celebrating the Alta Motors' rise from the ashes.

The second option is available to everyone, not just to accredited investors. Ordering a bike from NewCo is technically not an investment but a sale agreement. There is no associated investment risk. If NewCo cannot deliver your bike by July 2019, you will get your money back.

Here are the details:

(1) Base price for new MY 2019 motorcycles:
MX - $11k
EX - $12k
MXR - $12k
EXR - $13k
SM - $13k

(2) Add $500 for Phoenix Edition.

(3) Subtract $1k for 2018 models.

(4) Subtract another $1k for low-mileage vehicles.

(5) Warranty will be similar to previous warranty, but mechanics and legal documentation all new. Yes, these bikes will have a warranty!

(6) Take delivery between April and June (depending on what's already built, and other nuances).

(7) Constructive comments are welcomed and will be taken into consideration.

I am putting together a list of these new customers of Alta Motors v2.0. Please send me a PM if you would like to buy a bike and help your favorite electric motorcycle company. At this time I will need your name, desired model, and your city and state.

Time is of the essence. Please contact me only if you are willing to wire the money within 2 business days. The expected timeline to fund should be this week or next. NewCo will only collect money if there is a reasonable probability of acquiring the assets of OldCo and delivering bikes before July 2019.

By ordering these Alta Redshift "Phoenix Edition" bikes you are helping Alta Motors v2.0 accelerate the sale of the existing inventory and obtain up to $2 million of much-needed liquidity. This would also send a strong message to professional investors and the motorcycle market.

Phillip,

This post and these questions are certainly not meant to detract from or cast a shadow on the activity to reach a viable ALTA 2.0, aka NewCo. Rather they are posed here to get a little clarity on the situation around the ‘Phoenix’ bikes and perhaps build some confidence for me and others to purchase a bike or even invest. These questions intentionally do not get into the larger business plan and financial picture of NewCo, which I recognize is being handled privately and off-line.

Please feel free to delete this if it seems counterproductive from your better informed position.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- First, will the ‘Phoenix’ bikes be fully functional and fully tested with the rigor of the prior ALTA production process? Are they, in fact, previously manufactured and tested ALTA v1.0 Redshift models?

-- Will there be a formal and binding sales and refund agreement? Otherwise it seems that we would be wiring $13,000 to an unknown party, with an immediate deadline, on the basis of an Internet promise by that same unknown party. In most circumstances that would be a huge red flag.

-- What is included in the listed prices? Most specifically, does it include a charger and/or delivery to a continental U.S. address? If not, are chargers available for these bikes?

-- What is the source of these bikes? Are these ‘Phoenix’ bikes the ALTA owned bikes that were collected from dealers, ALTA reps, and demo fleets? We have heard numerous instances of this occurring. We also heard that there were no batteries and no dashboards available as of October 19, that all completed bikes had been shipped, and that partial bikes had been assembled from available inventory, but they would not be fully functional and there would be no additional parts available to complete them.

-- Are there really 150 to 200 of these completed bikes in the ABC assets to achieve the needed $2M cash?

Thanks in advance for any additional insight. And thanks for coordinating all of this. I am certain this was not anticipated when you started the AOF.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
No worries. I am answering to the best of my knowledge using the information I have. We will have to confirm this in the morning.

Are they, in fact, previously manufactured and tested ALTA v1.0 Redshift models?
Yes.

Will there be a formal and binding sales and refund agreement?
Yes. We will have to announce more details, of course.

What is included in the listed prices? Most specifically, does it include a charger and/or delivery to a continental U.S. address? If not, are chargers available for these bikes?
Good questions. Need to clarify this soon.

Are there really 150 to 200 of these completed bikes in the ABC assets to achieve the needed $2M cash?
Yes. NewCo has a more exact information, but it was my estimate that 1-2 months ago almost all dealerships in the US had 1-5 new Alta bikes sitting on their floor. Most of them were owned by Alta.

What is the source of these bikes? Are these ‘Phoenix’ bikes the ALTA owned bikes that were collected from dealers, ALTA reps, and demo fleets?
Primarily dealers. These are brand new bikes and some dealer demos.

What makes them "Phoenix Edition"? They would be the first bikes sold by NewCo until the supply chain and production/assembly are restarted, which might take a while. They are 2018 and 2019 bikes. They will come with a warranty and with a limited edition Phoenix livery. By buying them you will be directly helping Alta Motors 2.0, as well as yourself and the rest of us.

Drtjumper

As the owner of the first MXR sold and owner of another. I guess 3 is company if it will help. Im definitely in for another one. Anything to get the badass bike to the masses and continue what faster faster started.

Drtjumper

I am 100% in for another (will make 3 MXR's now) 2018 or 2019 NEW MXR. I will keep an eye on this thread for details as to how to wire the money/sign binding agreement with terms of sale.

Also I have the ability to have HBDmotographx (they do alot of pro offroad guys bike and some supercross race team) do a full Phoenix livery graphics kit that could be included with these new bikes if that is something the new owner and bike buyers would be interested in. They already have all the templates and their work is second to none.

Adam Buccolo

No.73

FYI folks - interest isn't getting confirmed fast enough for us to be super hopeful at the moment.

I have some triangulation to do, but if you're holding out and can do more, now is the time to raise your hand.

Time & capital are the issues. Can solve one with the other. We don't have enough of either right now.

ninety3mx

The strangest things prove inspirational sometimes...

If you're sitting on the sidelines watching this all go down, not in a position to invest for one reason or another, but interested in doing your part - how about buying a bike?

I don't mean run all over the country trying to find one with a dealer willing to do a discount. I mean pay full retail price for a bike this month. Take delivery between April and June (depending on what's already built, and other nuances). If we can't deliver your bike in 3 months, you get your money back. If we can, it likely comes with some sort of limited-edition resurrection livery for your trouble.

Yes, you can probably get a cheaper bike somewhere else today, but if Alta's dead it's probably not worth that price.

We may be able to scrounge up ~$2 million liquidity this way.

Thoughts?

Sounds great! But how about potential Phoenix Ed. buyers from overseas? Will there be shipping arranged to Europe e.g.? How long will it take to get the bikes there if?

datadog

FYI folks - interest isn't getting confirmed fast enough for us to be super hopeful at the moment.

I have some triangulation to do, but if you're holding out and can do more, now is the time to raise your hand.

Time & capital are the issues. Can solve one with the other. We don't have enough of either right now.

If you're having trouble raising the $5MM to rescue the company, how are you going to raise the $50MM+ it will take to resuscitate it? I am doubtful.

No.73

If you're having trouble raising the $5MM to rescue the company, how are you going to raise the $50MM+ it will take to resuscitate it? I am doubtful.

I’m disinterested in the bad sequel your assumptions imply; we should all be. You’ve expressed frustration previously as a former team member. How could you view the same plan as viable?

NewCo won’t do OldCo plan. The world has moved on. We’ve hopefully learned something, too.

Will be smaller effort to start, fed by cash flow, not hope alone.

Might work too.

ninety3mx

Yes, shipping to Europe is possible.

And how about the costs? I know it's hard to say something more about right now but this will be the crutial fact for everyone over here.
To target also the european market right from the beginning is the right way to do it I think. Assumed that dealerships will be established here...

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
This plan has fallen through. No Alta 2.0 at this time and no "Phoenix Edition" bikes.

Unfortunately, we’ve run out of time.

The relevant assets necessary to support the Redshift platform have been sold to another buyer. I don’t have all the details. Philip’s suggested embargo on bikes no longer has an impact on a potential v2.0 effort. A reboot appears to be impossible at this point. Always possible something will change with time.

We had the right couple ideas 1-3 months too late. Personally, I regret abstaining from this community until just recently. That’s on me.

All the best to each of you.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to buy a new Alta, feel free to call dealers or @AltaWest . They should probably be well under $10k now without support, warranty and a reliable supply of spare parts.

@AltaWest will do the best they can to supply the parts, if/when we need them.

We also have @Rashid510 to provide support with electronics.

Hopefully some more ex-Alta guys would come out of the woodwork @Haemish Graham and help us modify the firmware/software as a consolation prize.

We will know soon if the new buyer is BRP. I will try to establish contact with them. Let me know if you can help with that.