N2Dirt and Dal Soggio Sphere Upgrade

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Fireplace in the background? Is that your living room?

Of course it's my living room! Where is your bike???

Today I spent about 12 hours putting the Alta back together. A lot of cleaning of parts, etc. The forks went back on with zero issues as you would expect. The rear shock was completely different story. I had N2Dirt install the SDI bladder system on the shock. The bladder can is about 1" longer than the stock WP can so it hit the seat structure. I ended up using a heat gun to heat the plastic up to deform it enough to bolt everything up, then needed to heat and trim the black plastic piece on the under side to fit the white upper piece. I'd say a solid 3 beer/6 hour job to get it all straight. Pictures tom'w

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Glad I didn't go with the shock bladder. I wanted to keep my RaceTech nitrogen charging bolt because this is what I use in all my other bikes, and I have a needle to poke it.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Yeah, it wasn't pretty getting the subframe back on. Once I grabbed the heat gun I knew I had to be in it to win it. I took it slow. I doubt anyone will notice the difference by looking at it. I'm hoping to get a chance to ride this weekend. It's supposed to be in the 40s this weekend, but it's been wet and now it's below freezing, so all the water has a layer of thin ice. Not my favorite conditions to ride in.

gprix1

You’re going to love the Spheres. I’ve still got a set I’m selling in the classifieds for about $500 off what I paid for them.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
You’re going to love the Spheres. I’ve still got a set I’m selling in the classifieds for about $500 off what I paid for them.

I'm sure I will! I can tell the initial few inches of travel are much more plush. From the sounds of it Brian wasn't really sure what was going on with the shock spring. It had settled so the spring rate had changed. When I got the bike the rear spring was chipped and had rust on it. It's possible the spring (or shock assembly) was swapped out by the dealer. The oil was in really bad condition, he though it had closer to 2000 miles on it, not 500. I don't know what the shim stack was, that would indicate if it was an Alta shock.