My New 2019 MXR - U.K.

Finally ...my 2019 MXR!.

As some may remember from my first post i am going to build a electric only motocross track here in the U.K.

I did have a place that was sale agreed and deal done but sadly the owners messed us about for over 8 months and finally let us down, we were and still are heartbroken, so much time and planning was going into it to get everything ready for the big move in day and everything fell apart with in 24hrs.

So, we are back again looking for a suitable place to build this new facility and won't be beaten down!.

Our own home is now sold, and we are to be living in a big A class RV (Trail-lite) on my own land until i managed to find somewhere else again thats right for what i want to build and do, I have been looking for the last three years and in that time frame only two places have come up, both let down on at the last minute. It's a big risk i know and to sell a home we love to live in a RV for however long it takes should show our commitment to the cause, nothing is ever easy as i well know, but its something i want to do and i will do it!.

Anyway, back to the main point of this post, here she is my 2019 brand new MXR!.

Ok, i would like to thank some people first for their help in this whole deal as without them it would simply not have happened, first is Kurt Nicoll our very own english former ex-GP world champ racer!. (championmx.com).

Kurt contacted me while i was running our local Motocross track here in the U.K. and was interested in coming to test his new built KTM 500cc 2 strokes for the VMXDN at Farleigh castle in 2018, and we got on well. I remembered that he was riding Endurocross, and we got talking about his days with the Alta and winning too!, after he raced here and went home I sent him an email asking if he would mind helping me with my search to find an Alta, and possibly if one was local to check it out for me, he said no problem at all. Game on!.

After non-stop searching and emails and late night calls to the USA I was lucky enough to find and secure the bike i wanted and a deal was done! (on my actual Birthday too!). I called him up & he went to collect it for me and stored it at his home until shipping was sorted out, he even removed the battery for me too as per the shipping rules and a few other bits so was just a rolling frame, the battery was shipped separate. Then when all was ready he loaded her up with all the bits and boxes etc and dropped it all off at the shippers too.

Without his kind help i would never have this bike, so a big thank you, Kurt!!.

Next is the guy who i bought my bike from, Mr Tony Williams.

This guy was a pleasure to talk to and very helpful indeed, he and his secretary organised everything their end and kept me informed all the way through. Again without this help and trust i would not have this bike here right now, so thanks very much Tony!.

Finally, you guys....yes you!.

Without this forum and its members and its pages and pages of information in every topic of owning an Alta, I would not have been brave enough to go ahead with buying one simply because of the finish of AltaMotors. It's that simple.

So, I have actually had the bike here from early November last year, but with selling my house and buying the big RV & doing a total renovation on that (I mean total gut out) ready for when we move into it i have not had any time to even sit on the bike!, the battery was put away safe in the Bedroom and it was only about a day or so ago i finally had the time to get the bike stripped down and cleaned up from all the dust and dirt from shipping over, putting the battery back in and just really being able to stand back and look at her in all the glory!...awesome just plain awesome i still can not really take it in that i have one here!, let alone a brand new 2019 MXR with only 1hr on the dash.

I am very excited as you can imagine being able to finally get out and use the bike, our lockdown that we are all currently in the U.K. is hopefully being lifted on the 29th for the first stage, so that does mean as long as everything goes well, the tracks can open again from the 29th!.

I am getting a few bits ready for the bike that i want to do, and will be making some threads too for some questions i have that i have not been able to find an answer to via the search, and parts that i need and just advise from people who have already had the time to experiment with different options for motocross riding/racing as thats what i will be doing.

Also, planning some video to try and document my progress and the whole ownership of an Alta, might be fun!.

If i can not get the bike all ready and sorted out for the first day back on the track i do have my trusty Cairoli Factory edition KTM 450 that i really get on well with. So will be happy either way just to get out and have a blast but when i do get that Alta ready its going to be a mind blowing day!.

But man, i have wanted to say for so long on here, that i finally have one!.

Thanks again, Danny.

2019AltaMXR.jpg

And the Trusty KTM.....

2020.5KTM450.jpg

clint_ezra

Yes mate -
Such a awesome line to take

Kurt was also helping me out
But nothing came if it in the end
But if the bikes are there and he puts a price up I would def he keen to get on this.

mc