My Moto Van build thread

snydes

Staff member
The original is called an ATK Bike Shoe. They are since long out of production. Nice to see other companys are continuing to manufacture it.

I have 4 of these, two of which I have been using for 20 years, give or take. Never an issue. I highly recommend this Bike Shoe, if it is made as well as the original.

Nice van setup Phillip. Been there done that. My van days are long gone. Now a enclosed trailer or toyhauler depending on the duration of stay.

I question 20 gallons of water. I could not get one wash out of that. Then again maybe the east coast has "stickier mud". LOL

Regardless, nice setup!
I have an original and one of the "repos". Like all repos, they aren't as good as the original.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I was lucky this month I got to use the huge RV garage that my AZ landlord rents separately. The guy who rented the RV garage won't be using it until January, so I got to use it!

I have done some more electrical wiring work, mostly fixing the earlier mess. There is still a lot of work left in that area.

I have been wanting to install a switch to disable to cargo area lights when I do not want them to turn on at night. After 3 years of owning this van I discovered that the two cargo area lights had built-in rocker switches already, LOL! One problem solved.

Here are the pics of the roof fan that I installed this week:
IMG_20181225_1352231.jpg

IMG_20181225_1352592.jpg

IMG_20181225_1355491.jpg

IMG_20181225_1438369.jpg

C5tor

My pressure washer uses 5-6 gallons to wash one bike. Two bikes and a shower for me -- 20 gallons should be enough.
Doesn't the pressure washer sting a bit when you take a shower with it? I mean, sure, it gets the mud out of all the nooks and crannies. But Ouch!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
That's a nifty water heater. Something like that would definitely make living in a van down by the river much more comfortable.

If I show up and use my setup, it will be obvious I was raiding the scrapyard.
Wow, it was only $159 when I bought it last year. But it was worth it, especially with my girlfriend not complaining about having no warm shower, just a pressure washer, LOL.