My decal graphics from Limited Decal

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I finally got around to installing the custom decal kit that I ordered from Limited Decal onto my MXR.

I had to buy a heat gun. Without it the installation would have not been possible on this bike.

There were no installation instructions in the box. I am glad I had a spare Attack Graphics Application Kit left over from a long time ago. It had the instructions, a squeegee, and an installation fluid in a spray bottle.

With these tools the installation went smoothly!

Many thanks to Limited Decal for working with me to customize the graphics and the cut-out shapes on this kit!

Limited Decal
37995 Mohawk Drive
Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
sales@limiteddecal.com
peggy@limiteddecal.com

IMG_20180818_0835275.jpg
IMG_20180818_0835464.jpg
IMG_20180818_0836055.jpg
IMG_20180818_0836139.jpg
IMG_20180818_0836306.jpg

ablock

I had to buy a heat gun. Without it the installation would not have been possible on this bike.

There were no installation instructions in the box. I am glad I had a spare Attack Graphics Application Kit left over from a long time ago. It had the instructions, a squeegee, and an installation fluid in a spray bottle.

With these tools the installation went smoothly!

I had a terrible time installing my graphics — lots of bubbles. Can you tell me more about how you used the items in the application kit? Thanks!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I had a terrible time installing my graphics — lots of bubbles. Can you tell me more about how you used the items in the application kit? Thanks!
0) Wash the bike, remove old stickers, remove the remaining glue. I also cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
1) Align the graphics to make sure you know where you want it to be.
2) Spray the plastic with the fluid. Water could work too, but it is not as slippery.
3) Remove the graphics' backing film.
4) Spray the back of the graphics lightly.
5) Align the graphics and start using the squeegee from the middle towards the egdes.
6) Keep running the squeegee until all the water and bubbles are out and the graphics starts to stick.
7) Use the heat gun if necessary, expecially on curved surfaces.
8) Let it sit for 24 hours, preferably in a hot garage, to dry the remaining water under the graphics.
9) Check to make sure nothing has unstuck. Use the heat gun again, if needed to soften up the film.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I like the clean look! Now go get that thing dirty! :ricky:

I know the guys that work at LTD. Tyler Hayes and company are great people. I had them do custom graphics for me years ago on my 2000 YZ250 at the time, and they held up for a long.time.

snydes

Staff member
Is there any software/company, etc. that you can truly create your own design with importing your own logos and such? I have a design I'd like to create and I'm just too picky to have to deal back and forth with someone to get it the way I envision it. Sorry if this is something that's common knowledge.

wavewarren

Did you use the heat gun to remove the WP sticker from your forks? If so, is there any chance of doing damage to the internal seals using the heat gun?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any software/company, etc. that you can truly create your own design with importing your own logos and such? I have a design I'd like to create and I'm just too picky to have to deal back and forth with someone to get it the way I envision it. Sorry if this is something that's common knowledge.
Yes, Limited Decal can do it.

They can use your logos and follow your sketches already. This is what they did with my design.

Or, you could send them a computer file with the design that you want. They use vector graphics though, so they will either have to convert your raster (bitmap, jpeg, etc) to vector, or you could design using vector graphics yourself.

I forgot that vector formats they use, you could ask them, but I am sure most of them can be easily translated from one form to another.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Did you use the heat gun to remove the WP sticker from your forks? If so, is there any chance of doing damage to the internal seals using the heat gun?
No, Kreft did that. I do not think a heat gun is needed, but if so, then the seals would not be affected by a normal heat gun. The fork is one big heat sink, and you'd have to heat up the whole fork in the oven for the heat to get to the seals.

wavewarren

No, Kreft did that. I do not think a heat gun is needed, but if so, then the seals would not be affected by a normal heat gun. The fork is one big heat sink, and you'd have to heat up the whole fork in the oven for the heat to get to the seals.
Thanks.
I've been wanting to take those off, make the bike look a little less motocrossy when I ride it on the street.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor

If you create your design in photoshop or adobe illustrator using the cutout templates they use, you can send it to any of those MX Graphic companies and ask them to print it.

Otherwise, companies like FAMMX Designs and Limited Decal will happily work with you to create your vision. I've been using FAMMX lately because they sponsor me, and both of my Kawi's have custom graphics.

My 04 KX 125
kx125.JPG

My 15 KX 450F
KX450.JPG