My Clake LHRB

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
This is the cheapest Clake model (still expensive!), made as an upgrade over Rekluse and fits well with the KTM's Brembo clutch lever.

It works well, better than the Rekluse. Perfect for trail riding and sand. But it needs more power for hardpack and clay.

15-2419ac4ea7b166ed440370eaff2a106f - Copy.data.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I see three possible upgrades:

1) Alta has made some prototype, which they aren't selling yet, but @Butch got his hands on one. I am not optimistic about it. It uses the Brembo clutch lever and is not plumbed into the rear master cylinder, so it eliminated the foot brake, until they figure out a new design.

2) Clake has fancier models, more expensive, with some special cams, which increase the leverage exactly where you need it. If the claim holds, this would be the most straightforward solution. But it is expensive to verify, some of Clake's prices are astronomical.

3) @Mark911 has adapter a 2-piston rear caliper from the Superduke. It requires a custom bracket. If the foot brake is preserved, it will be too crabby and powerful. The foot lever ratio will need to be modified, then it will be perfect.

4) Two separate brake calipers? Ideal performance, but too heavy.

snydes

Staff member
Interesting. I've never seen one of those before. I too heard that Alta is working on one, I'm interested in trying one when they do.

WoodsWeapon

My thoughts for a powerful LHRB was to buy the adapter from Clake that replaces the reservoir cover with a fitting to add a line. Then use a Brembo clutch master and have a powerful hand, and retain the foot lever. But havent tried it yet.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts for a powerful LHRB was to buy the adapter from Clake that replaces the reservoir cover with a fitting to add a line. Then use a Brembo clutch master and have a powerful hand, and retain the foot lever. But havent tried it yet.
You may be able to buy that adapter from Rekluse as well.

@Butch has the Alta's secret new LHRB that appears to use the Brembo clutch master. He posteda thread about it. We are waiting for him to post the details.

WoodsWeapon

Not impressed with Rekluses master cylinder, as it has what I percieve as a bicycle lever. And I would like to retain the foot brake.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I was talking about the Rekluse adapter. They use almost the same adapter.

I do not like their bicycle lever myself. They have a new design out that works better though.

But maybe the Rekluse adapter has a small bicycle brake line fitting going in, I do not know... I just went to the garage to check, it sure does. Do not call Rekluse.