MX to EX / Kickstand Warning

JW884

I bought the EX conversion kit for my MX but I don't plan on using it all for the time being. I pulled the harness in and ran the wiring to the front and then realized I get the kickstand warning and I'm unable to activate the throttle.
Is there any way to stop this without getting the kickstand switch? I don't have any of the kickstand assembly. I messaged Liquid to see if I can buy the switch alone but would like to solve it without it.
I checked this thread MXR to SMR conversion and tried to short the #5 and #6 connectors but nothing worked yet.

JW884

I would have thought a simple jumper plug would have worked...:unsure:
I hoped a jumper would work too but oh well. Rashid helped me with figure out the sensor. So I'll get one of those and the magnet, then hide inside since I won't have the kickstand mount.

Jayfox911

On my Mxr I have the kick stand pig tail without a magnet. It works fine and doesn’t have the kickstand warning.
It’s nice to have the headlight when I do trail ride.

joedannyboy

@Jayfox911 @Rashid510 Just got the kickstand sensor and it still gives me the warning :/ I tried seeing if a magnet i had laying around would work but it didn't seem like it. Think I need that specific magnet? They told me it was this part Alta Motors SPRING LINK ASSEMBLY, POST DIP COAT, SM KICKSTAND (1201706-00) | eBay Or Jay could you get a picture if you don't mind?
Did this get resolved? I have the kickstand pigtail and the kickstand assembly. But I don’t have any instructions of how to assemble it any pictures would help.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Did this get resolved? I have the kickstand pigtail and the kickstand assembly. But I don’t have any instructions of how to assemble it any pictures would help.

I would follow this diy guide from the forum on how to assemble the kickstand. Do you have the hardware kit?

Here is a photo of the kickstand (Front and back)

1665547493388.png

1665547522456.png

joedannyboy

I would follow this diy guide from the forum on how to assemble the kickstand. Do you have the hardware kit?

Here is a photo of the kickstand (Front and back)

View attachment 9182

View attachment 9183
So I installed the street legal kit, new/old Alta stock, including the sensor for the kickstand, but am still getting the "raise the kickstand" error. suggestions?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
There is no need to install the kickstand sensor harness. But you need to remove the white/yellow plug with a single jumper wire and plug the accessory harness in there.

Sorry, I did not notice this thread. And I should have posted this earlier.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
There is no need to install the kickstand sensor harness. But you need to remove the white/yellow plug with a single jumper wire and plug the accessory harness in there.

Sorry, I did not notice this thread. And I should have posted this earlier.

@Philip what do you mean you dont need the kickstand sensor harness? Yes on the MX and MXRs you need to remove the dummy plug. But in order for the kickstand to work you need that sensor +magnet???

joedannyboy

Which way did you put the sensor?
So I just plugged in the triangular plug to the sensor and then attached it to the kickstand assembly—see picture—but before attaching it, I tried to power the bike and it was giving the “raise kickstand” promt even though it was not near any magnets. I was under the impression that all I really needed to do was plug the sensor in and them I could tuck it away, under the seat. But when that didn’t work I did the full install.

22A5D378-02A8-4A4B-8903-E4A5F3798492.jpeg

B91963D4-4969-43D0-9986-BAEE6332CD6B.jpeg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@Philip what do you mean you dont need the kickstand sensor harness? Yes on the MX and MXRs you need to remove the dummy plug. But in order for the kickstand to work you need that sensor +magnet???
I didn't have that harness that goes to the kickstand. I first kept that jumper plug connected, and the bike asked to raise the kickstand. But then I removed the jumper plug and connected the main harness to the auxiliary harness, and it stopped asking.

IMG_20221012_1337076.jpg