MX to EX / Kickstand Warning

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@Philip - Gotcha, sounds like you used the jumper which came with the bike and mechanically installed the kickstand. Just need to remember if and when that kickstand is down....
No, that what I thought too. But I actually had to remove that jumper. Then it stopped asking for the kickstand.

The Liquid kit comes with the kickstand harness but no kickstand magnet. Just do not use that kickstand harness, and the bike will not be asking for the kickstand.

joedannyboy

No, that what I thought too. But I actually had to remove that jumper. Then it stopped asking for the kickstand.

The Liquid kit comes with the kickstand harness but no kickstand magnet. Just do not use that kickstand harness, and the bike will not be asking for the kickstand.
My
I didn't have that harness that goes to the kickstand. I first kept that jumper plug connected, and the bike asked to raise the kickstand. But then I removed the jumper plug and connected the main harness to the auxiliary harness, and it stopped asking.

View attachment 9187
the plug that goes to the kickstand sensor is triangular—what and where does this plug connect into on the harness? The new/old stock kit I got did not have any jumper plugs on it, just open connectors:

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
My

the plug that goes to the kickstand sensor is triangular—what and where does this plug connect into on the harness? The new/old stock kit I got did not have any jumper plugs on it, just open connectors:

That plugs into the kickstand plug receptacle. Which is part of the lighting harness kit which connects to the ACM. The blanking plug is a part that came with only the MX and MXRs.

Thank you. I will try that, I don’t think there is enough slack to reach but I can take things apart to simulate that.

There should be enough slack if the kickstand sensor is routed behind the battery, under the skid frame and then towards the kickstand. I will take some photos of the configuration tonight.

JW884

Did this get resolved? I have the kickstand pigtail and the kickstand assembly. But I don’t have any instructions of how to assemble it any pictures would help.
I'm not much help at this point but I didn't get mine working back then haha. Might have to give it another go soon for some night riding