mx suspesion thinking about a conversion

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Cool. What bike is it from? You will need a lot stiffer spring on it though. Then revalve the shock to match the spring.

I was able to use KYB SSS forks from the 2015 YZ450F on my MX without even changing the springs. I just shimmed the lower triple clamps. I used the YZ450F front wheel and brake.

Last winter I rode a CRF450 with a Pro Circuit motor and a suspension done by the Roczen's factory suspension tuner. It was valved for an A rider for the WORCS off-road series, so it was very plush, but the bottoming resistance seemed to be good enough for supercross. I didn't like the motor, my Alta's motor is light years better, but that suspension was out of this world. All the jumps appeared to be half the size with this suspension. I am sucker for a good suspension.

metallic88

Cool. What bike is it from? You will need a lot stiffer spring on it though. Then revalve the shock to match the spring.

I was able to use KYB SSS forks from the 2015 YZ450F on my MX without even changing the springs. I just shimmed the lower triple clamps. I used the YZ450F front wheel and brake.

Last winter I rode a CRF450 with a Pro Circuit motor and a suspension done by the Roczen's factory suspension tuner. It was valved for an A rider for the WORCS off-road series, so it was very plush, but the bottoming resistance seemed to be good enough for supercross. I didn't like the motor, my Alta's motor is light years better, but that suspension was out of this world. All the jumps appeared to be half the size with this suspension. I am sucker for a good suspension.( So Am I lol)

that ones from my 2004 kx250 that im rebuilding(i had it just sitting there i had to try It). it doesnt fit the linkage so im looking for a newer one i think, and for the front I'm planing on using the 2010 crf450 triple clamps and forks. I know ill have to respring and revalve them all though ive been thinking about it for awhile im just sourcing parts to actually get it done lol. once i get it done ill probably have a whole write up on what i used.

Scooter584

Good info...I currently have yz's (144 and 250) and an MXR of course. I also have a KYB A-kit I snagged online a while ago so that leaves me with a brand new (taken off 2015) set of KYB suspension.....or do I put the A-kit on the Alta?🤔🤔

metallic88

so i test fitted the 2010 crf450 triple clamps and they fit real well but they could use some different bearings

metallic88

Do you really like that fork that much? Hope you could figure out the bearings.
yeah theyre alot better than the 4cs imo. but the bearings werent hard to find i just had to order them. but i chose the crf450 triples so itd look the same since thats what fender and number plate alta uses