MX(r) vs EX(r)

Hankypoo16

Hello everyone new member here,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the MX and EX models, mainly the maps and suspension. I’m looking into purchasing an Alta and need to know what model fits my riding style, largely trail and woods riding. My thoughts lean toward stripping the street legal stuff off an EX, but I’d like to hear from y’all.

Thanks!

snydes

Staff member
I agree with Philip. Unlike ICE bikes that have their power curves and gearing tailored to their intended usage, these Altas can do either very well, so it boils down to suspension. I don't think the differences in maps is significant enough to be a factor on either. Personally I keep thinking about that deal @HudsonValleyMotorcycles said they have on EX's... 9K... that almost makes me want to run up and get a second one.

KTM_E-XC

I'm going for the MXR with the better WP AER 48 forks and slap a 18" rear wheel, 14/53 sprockets, left hand rear brake lever to suit the riding I'll be doing.
The MXR has no regen that's ok with me. Suspension is fully adjustable especially the WP AER 48's. It will be a lighter bike,
If later I need I decide of on lights I'll slap some lights on it.
I have a KTM E-XC that I converted to street legal so it's not an issue as far as my experience goes here in California.

banned

I agree with Philip. Unlike ICE bikes that have their power curves and gearing tailored to their intended usage, these Altas can do either very well, so it boils down to suspension. I don't think the differences in maps is significant enough to be a factor on either. Personally I keep thinking about that deal @HudsonValleyMotorcycles said they have on EX's... 9K... that almost makes me want to run up and get a second one.
Let us know! Only one left in the region..

Hankypoo16

I'm going for the MXR with the better WP AER 48 forks and slap a 18" rear wheel, 14/53 sprockets, left hand rear brake lever to suit the riding I'll be doing.
The MXR has no regen that's ok with me. Suspension is fully adjustable especially the WP AER 48's. It will be a lighter bike,
If later I need I decide of on lights I'll slap some lights on it.
I have a KTM E-XC that I converted to street legal so it's not an issue as far as my experience goes here in California.
They don’t have regen?

Top Bottom