MX and SMR Stolen in SF Last Night (6-17/18-2020)

Honcho

Both my Redshifts were stolen in San Francisco last night. Locked garage, and locked cage within the garage. Be on the lookout for an SMR (2018 EX converted to SM and R drivetrain, on-board charger, pics below) VIN 56PARACM1JB00078 with one-off Mondrian graphics, and a 2017 MX VIN 56PARABM6HB000010 in white with MXR graphics and WP A-kit suspension (Traxx shock, Cone Valve 48 AER fork, digging for pics now, but don't think I have any with the current bodywork and graphics), and an 18" rear wheel. Both have left hand brake kits.
They didn't get the keys. Not sure yet if they get the A-charger for the MX)
The SMR is a non-existent bike. Alta never produced or sold an R-drivetrain bike with an on-board charger, so if that shows up anywhere it is almost certainly either mine or another former Alta employees'.
The MX is also super unusual given the LHB, A-kit and the resulting mods cutout to the clearance rear subframe and upper shock mount on the rear bulkhead.

2020-03-01 17.11.39-1.jpg

2020-03-01 00.03.50-1.jpg

2020-03-01 00.03.44-1.jpg

Brent421

This sucks. Any security cameras in the area or at neighbors that may have caught them on video?

Honcho

Looks like we have footage from across the street. Reviewing now. Cameras in garage it turns out we’re dummies. Thanks Chandler Property Management. :rolleyes:. unfortunately the MX wasn’t insured... dumb, but I never bothered for my off-road bikes. ironically that bike got stolen once before and recovered in SF by a good friend of Alata who spotted it at a Safeway. Let’s hope that same luck is still working...

Trialsman

Damn - you would think we would be fairly safe in that there were so few produced. At least the odds are better that it will be spotted and recovered.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Oof, sorry to hear that! When i first moved out to CA in 2015, I lived in a condo complex with an underground gated garage and locked gated area within for bicycles,etc like that. No way was i putting my dirtbike in there! I rolled it into the elevator and up to my 3rd floor unit and used it as a living room statue while i wasn't riding it.

Post all the pictures of the bikes you have. I'll start posting around.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
That sucks! If they keep the SMR in that whacky livery, it should be easy to spot.

We also have a Lost and Found category on the AOF, might as well post pics and VINs there.

Lost/Found/Stolen

Brent421

SMR was spotted in SF at Potrero Safeway parking lot partially torn down (I’m assuming to Hotwire since dude rode away on it). Neither me nor PD got there fast enough...
Any businesses with security cameras in the area? Could be helpful if so.

enjoythesilenc

If the idiot is out riding it, I thinks that bodes well for getting it back. stay optimistic

I grew up infatuated with AC Cobra cars. I thought it was so cool that there was a registry that kept track of all the cars around the world. An exclusive club which makes it virtually impossible for a stolen one to slip through a sale etc.

Since there are only 800 of these bikes out there, we should have our own registry at some point, engraved medallions on the upper bulkhead or some such thing.

Honcho

Any businesses with security cameras in the area? Could be helpful if so.
Incredibly, no. Which is why people use that spot for shady deals.

From what was seen, the plate and graphics are gone (so it's all white bodywork) as are the shrouds. But it was on supermoto wheels, and the coincidence is too high for it to not be my bike. I think they must have hotwired It, since they don't have keys.

Brent421

Incredibly, no. Which is why people use that spot for shady deals.

From what was seen, the plate and graphics are gone (so it's all white bodywork) as are the shrouds. But it was on supermoto wheels, and the coincidence is too high for it to not be my bike. I think they must have hotwired It, since they don't have keys.
Man that really sucks. Hopefully they will be spotted somewhere again. If you get the footage from the garage, post up some pics of the thieves on here and the Facebook group.

Honcho

Been two years but I’m going to bump this on the odd chance that the VINs turn up.

Reminder: SMR (2018 EX converted to SM and R drivetrain, on-board charger) VIN 56PARACM1JB00078 in white, and a 2016 MX VIN 56PARABM6HB000010 in white.