For Sale MultiTool Laptop with Data Cable - $750

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
1 kit includes everything you will need to connect your Alta Redshift motorcycle to a laptop and view data logs, update firmware, check battery health, clear fault codes, and more.

Price - $750 shipped each within continental USA. Buyer pays shipping outside of USA.

Availability: 4 kits left! 3 kits left! 2 kits left! 1 kit left!

Payment method: PayPal (Click me)
(Buyer adds 4% if not sent as a gift)

Note: Will be ready to ship by December 11th.

Please send me a Private Message if you have any questions.

Each kit includes:
1. (One) HP Pavilion Laptop ($500+ value) with Alta MultiTool software installed and configured.
Specs of laptop:​

• 15.6" FHD Display
  • Ryzen 5 3500U 2.1GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • 128GB SSD (fast!)
  • 1TB HDD
  • Win 10 HB (Primary OS)
  • Ubuntu 18.04LTS (Secondary OS - For Alta MultiTool Software)
  • Manufacturer refurbished
1575153313308.png

2. (One) CAN-USB Adapter
3. (One) Alta Data Port Cable

1575152720498.png
15524258056581507153834646369166.jpg
155242589293137890251919307159.jpg

pascal

1 kit includes everything you will need to connect your Alta Redshift motorcycle to a laptop and view data logs, update firmware, check battery health, clear fault codes, and more.

Price - $750 shipped each within continental USA. Buyer pays shipping outside of USA.

Payment method: PayPal (Click me)
(Buyer adds 4% if not sent as a gift)

Please send me a Private Message if you have any questions.

Each kit includes:
1. (One) HP Pavilion Laptop ($500+ value) with Alta MultiTool software installed and configured.
Specs of laptop:​

• 15.6" FHD Display
  • Ryzen 5 3500U 2.1GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • 128GB SSD (fast!)
  • 1TB HDD
  • Win 10 HB (Primary OS)
  • Ubuntu 18.04LTS (Secondary OS - For Alta MultiTool Software)
  • Manufacturer refurbished

2. (One) CAN-USB Adapter
3. (One) Alta Data Port Cable

View attachment 4217
View attachment 4220
View attachment 4221
hello i would like to buy a set can you ship to canada,

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
hello, i was wondering if its possible to reduce the motor Braking amount with this Multitool ?
"Regen" - Engine braking cannot be modified in MT with the latest firmware packages for the inverter. But if your on the old inverter firmware (theres a revision break point) its possible but risk to having timing and inverter issues increases.

evh1

OK - I see what you've got...1 question: I'm not really interested in the Ubunto program. What is it exactly and if a secondary OS, then I don't really need to worry about it except..when?
I'm up for a kit. Please PM me your tracking number when mailed. I'll PayPal you in a bit. Thanks!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
OK - I see what you've got...1 question: I'm not really interested in the Ubunto program. What is it exactly and if a secondary OS, then I don't really need to worry about it except..when?
I'm up for a kit. Please PM me your tracking number when mailed. I'll PayPal you in a bit. Thanks!
MultiTool is designed to run in a Linux environment, so I install Ubuntu (Linux operating system) and configure it to host MultiTool. Just think of Ubuntu as another "Windows". Since the laptops i'm offering here initially come with a full version of Windows 10, i'm not removing it and rather passing it along to the customer. At startup, you'll be prompted to select which operating system to boot into. Select Ubuntu to use MultiTool. Select Windows to use it like a "normal" laptop.

The preinstalled Windows 10 OS can be removed at the buyer's request.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
You should have offered that service while we were still in business, I would have made you our supplier instead of doing it myself!
While you were still in business, you should have unlocked the firmware and posted it along with MultiTool for owners to download and edit.

The value of the company would have dropped, undoubtedly, but then we would have out-bid everyone and bought Alta Motors for just $100K.

Maybe this is why Elon Musk has open-sourced all Tesla patients. Now nobody wants to buy it, and nobody but him can run it.

bluefxstc

Yes. Because of the proprietary software and patents. If those were no longer secrets, like they are not at Tesla, the company would have cost a lot less and probably would have still been around, provided the costs were reduced and the sales increased.
There is a lot of proprietary stuff still at Tesla. As far as I know, and I could be wrong, Tesla has not open sourced their software. Some people have hacked the motor/inverters and batteries, but Tesla didn't give it to them. All the access to Tesla components that I am aware of have been reversed engineered. Reverse engineering Tesla is an acceptable business venture because of the numbers. Reverse engineering something with only 1,000 units probably doesn't make business sense.

That being said, if someone can reverse engineer a way to adjust some of the FW parameters, I am in, but I don't think you do it as a business.

Early on I think I saw a video of the factory adjusting/tuning the acceleration, regen, power... on a flat track bike at a race. If that software was available to us, that would be nice. It looked like it would give us the ability to customize the power and regen to suit our riding styles. Don't really remember alot about the video, or where I saw it, other than I think they were tuning the bike, at the race, based on conditions. My guess is they also did that for Erzberg so the capability probably exists, and since Alta is no longer in business, access to that type of software would be nice. Didn't the Erzberg bikes also have reverse?