MotoVlog 2 - Dubya World Vet Championships at Glen Helen

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome crew chief! I want one just like that too!

Good filming and editing. Just need to move the helmet cam a bit up next time. This is probably the first 30+ minute vlog that I watched completely.

I can hear your fast and heavy breathing in the video during the race! It sounded like you were out of breath by the middle of Lap 1. Yeah, a lack of sleep and stress can do that.

I want to come and ride a practice at Glen Helen this winter. I will be looking up for some weekend practice days.

Are you still running a stock suspension?

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
It probably sounded like i was breathing heavy, but i think that's just how i regulate my breathing when I'm doing tough activity. I seem to breath the same way when i'm pushing hard on my road bike. That said, i definitely was more tired that day than usual. As i said like 15 times in the video (probably said it too much), that lack of sleep hurt me for sure.

Let me know when you take the trip down! I'd love to meet up!

Still on the stock suspension. Was running 155psi/10.6 bar in the forks with 7 out on compression and 12 out on rebound. As for the shock i was 4 out on LSC, 3/4 turn on the HSC, and 6 out on the rebound with 98mm sag. I'm going to be getting my suspension redone very soon as it's beginning to hold me back. Racing Glen Helen really showed how off the suspension is for me. It worked pretty well but could have been better.

Whymee

Old and slow, but hopefull!
Great video!
What map were you in?

Can you go into what fan/cooler setup you have there, please. Is it necessary for high ambient temps? I assume so.

I was tilting my head back trying to see further down the track than the video was allowing! LOL

Good stuff!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I ride exclusively in map 4.

I use this mister fan with a Lowes 5 gal bucket (i wanted a blue bucket to match the fan). I use the mister fan when its hot out an i'm rapid charging at the track with the generator. It helps keep the battery temperatures down while charging, ensuring the fastest charge time possible. Its just like your cellphone, where the battery heats up when fast charging. When the battery temperature gets too high, the charger actually slows down until the temperatures come back down. 5 gallons of water will last all day's worth of charging with the mister fan on the low setting for both fan speed and mist speed.

I had the gopro angled perfectly (IMO) at the beginning, but the chin mount got jarred loose when i hit my chin on the barpad mid moto. Luckily I had the mount also ziptied to my helmet. This mount has given me problems at least with my helmet (TLD SE-4).

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Great stuff. Thanks for taking the time to record and put all of this together. It's fun to watch the time on the track and also reminds me why I don't ride motocross. It's also interesting to hear your description of the races and the good and not so good aspects of each moto.

And I can definitely relate to the problems the lack of sleep can create. The most miserable day I ever had in an enduro was the Alligator National Enduro down in Daytona after an all night drive and no sleep. I felt semi-OK at the start but after the first 35 or 40 miles of sand whoops and bowling ball palm roots I was in total survival mode the rest of the way. I could do that kind of thing at 25 years of age but not at 55 !