Moto Cinch review

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Finally got around to making a video review of the Moto Cinch system.

There are a couple old videos from the original Moto Cinch company, but no real in-depth reviews on YouTube that I could find. This might be because the company went out of business for a while, but it looks like a new guy down in Texas bought the company recently and is now marketing things again. Anyway, I thought I would go a bit more in-depth on my video review.

I've been running these new Moto Cinch strapless tie-down devices for a couple weeks now. Starting to get the hang of them, as there is a little bit of a learning curve. Finally have them adjusted to my liking, as far as height and stiffness. They come out of the box pretty stiff, so I had to back off the bolts a little bit to get them to move freely. Also getting more experience with the retention straps, as they are kind of hard to get on and off at first. They are getting easier as we use them, maybe stretching just a tiny bit, or maybe it is just that we are figuring out the proper technique to get them on an off. It would have been nice if the straps were about 1cm longer, though!

One thing I didn't get into in the video below was the installation of the L-track brackets in the bed of the pickup. Each install will be different. My 2017 Tundra wasn't too bad, but I did have to drop the spare tire to get to the bolts for the middle two brackets. It is definitely a two person job, one in the truck bed and one under the truck to hold the wrench in place. I will say that it is critical to get the holes for each bracket exactly right, or the bolts will not be parallel to each other. If the bolts are not parallel to the other one in the same bracket, the edge of the bolt will stick up just a tiny bit, and you won't be able to slide the L-track connector into the slot freely. I had to go back and redo two of them by drilling slightly bigger holes, so the bolts had room to align properly. Kind of a pain, but it is also kind of a one time thing. Also, fortunately, I was able to place the brackets in the valleys between the grooves in the truck bed. This way, the brackets do not stick up too far, and I can slide things into the bed of the truck. Also, I was a bit worried I wouldn't have room to slide my ginormous Black Widow ramp between the two center Moto Cinches. I had just enough room, with about 1" on either side of the ramp to spare! (Whew!)

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Excellent review! Thanks for posting, your videos no pictures are great. I have been using them for 10+ years and liked the moto cinch tie downs so much I bought the company... thanks again!
Congrats on buying the company, Kean. Glad someone is keeping it going. They are a nicely designed product.

I considered some of the other options out there, both commercial and homemade, but the Moto Cinch system looked like what I was looking for in terms of quality, reliability, and ease of use.

One of the reasons I switched to electric dirt bikes in the first place was the fact that I could just turn them on and go. Little maintenance, no time wasted to warm the bikes up. Just hop on, turn on bike, turn throttle. Simple.

I had the same thought process around how to load and unload my bikes. I wanted something secure, but also something that was quick to load and unload. The traditional tie-downs just weren't cutting it. It was taking too long to load and unload, lay out the straps where I could reach them, route the straps through wheels and across bikes, and then I'd have to strap down the back of the bike, etc. The Moto Cinch system fit the bill nicely, and now I spend more time riding, and less loading and unloading.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think I am going to buy a pair of those for my motovan to secure the third bike backwards in between my other two bikes that would face forward. I can't really use a front wheel chock with a backwards facing bike!