Mark911 can fix anything, if asked nicely

Mark911

If you have a known bad A or R pack BCU (aka top cover) I've been able to successfully repair 2 out of 3 I've had cross my test bench. As far as I know, I'm the only person actually repairing as opposed to replacing these units. I've also had success repairing failed ACMs, Inverter boards, DCCPs, displays, and BRDs. If you have any questions just text me at 602 752 0083 or email at maxvonauto@aol.com. Note, Oded's bad BCU is working again but with very poor high voltage isolation. Not very safe in this condition.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a known bad A or R pack BCU (aka top cover) I've been able to successfully repair 2 out of 3 I've had cross my test bench. As far as I know, I'm the only person actually repairing as opposed to replacing these units. I've also had success repairing failed ACMs, Inverter boards, DCCPs, displays, and BRDs. If you have any questions just text me at 602 752 0083 or email at maxvonauto@aol.com. Note, Oded's bad BCU is working again but with very poor high voltage isolation. Not very safe in this condition.
Awesome, Mark! You are going to get a lot of interest and many replies/requests over the next few years. Is it okay if I make your big announcement into a new thread and make it a stickie?

Mark911

Making a stickie might imply I'm doing this as a business or for money. So far I haven't considered either (other than cost for parts) and I'm only doing it to help the community and increase our knowledge base. If it becomes more than that I'll consider a formal "announcement" stickie. If it's just an FYI kind of thing then sure, stickie it up!

Mark911

Whoops, didn't check the link. No, other than roll the firmware back to an older version which are a bit more fault reporting tolerant. Code 36 can't be ignored forever, however.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I was asking if you can add the button press to clear codes. Everyone would prefer to not have a code but clearing them easily would be cool.

A bike in good condition shouldn't produce any codes. Wouldn't you rather get the issue fixed properly rather than clearing the code that is being caused by an existing issue? The code will just reappear eventually anyway.

Jayfox911

A bike in good condition shouldn't produce any codes. Wouldn't you rather get the issue fixed properly rather than clearing the code that is being caused by an existing issue? The code will just reappear eventually anyway.
True and yes I would rather have a fully functioning bike.. I guess i am more interested in how he added software code to the bike to add new functions.

Don Thuren

Here's an example of a few DCCPs modules in various states of repair.

View attachment 4305

Seeing these DCCP modules all lined up for surgery, seem's they are a common place needing fixing. Think the DCCP module could be a place that would make my negative isolation be near 250 KOHMS instead of up near 4000 KOHMS like I see on screen shots of other bikes?

Thanks!