Look what Alta Started

Fog 25

At first I thought it was a photoshop. But looking closer I doubt they would photoshop a left hand rear brake and there’s no throttle cable.
Will have to let the boys decide.

Ultratoad

The only thing that donkey of a Husky has in common with the beautiful and well thought out Alta is two wheels !!!! YES, I'm still pissed about Alta's demise ....

VINSANITY

That's mine, as close to the real thing I could get without building a frame from scratch. Really wanted an Alta but the exchange rate and shipping cost to Australia made it too hard.
Wow that bike is very trick and sano (80’s references) - could you send a little information about the bike, the motor you used, the battery and how you made it, controller model, HP etc

Great job

Brent421

That's mine, as close to the real thing I could get without building a frame from scratch. Really wanted an Alta but the exchange rate and shipping cost to Australia made it too hard.
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful build, do you have any videos or you riding it? Looks super cool!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@JWE -- Welcome to the club!

Could you please share the technical specs? HP, battery capacity, weight. Are you using radiators, and if yes, then which components are you cooling? Can you crank out more than 60hp to beat the 450s on long straightaways?

Also, I am curious how much would it cost to replicate your bike, if one already had a donor Husky/KTM?

Trialsman

Really nice work. This is from one who has built several "Frankenbikes". It is always good to have people thinking outside the box and pushing the status quo.

JWE

Thanks for the welcome, no videos yet.
Specs are:
- DHX Hawk 40 motor, made in USA - 49hp and 59 ft.lb
- 28s6p battery packs ~ 3.1kWh, have three and can swap out in about 5 mins
- KTM 65 radiator in airbox for motor cooling
- 2.15:1 primary reduction into factory size front sprocket spline
- 4.15:1 secondary reduction using factory 13t front into 54t rear sprocket
- Weight distribution 60kg rear 56kg front
Conversion probably ended up costing more than a second hand Alta.