Long Way Up series is out

snydes

Staff member
For those who might have Apple TV+ this series is now available;
Just watched the first episode, very interesting... also appearances from our own @AltaWest and his EXR. Unbelievable the resources that were pooled to attempt such a feat. Totally unattainable for us mere mortals, I guess it's a perk of being a Jedi Knight.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen the earlier announced diesel truck carrying a huge diesel generator yet. Have they been able to get by without it?

I am drooling over their Sprinter van with a big-ass solar panel that tilts and also doubles as an awning. That was my idea!!! :mad:

snydes

Staff member
I’m only up to episode 3. I gotta say, this is a must watch for us EV fanatics... I’m hooked! Not only is there the electric motorcycle aspect but also the Rivian portion which is almost as interesting.

snydes

Staff member
Yeah, I have a hard time not binge watching everything, releasing one a week is a good idea for my self control!:LOL:

F451

Yeah, I have a hard time not binge watching everything, releasing one a week is a good idea for my self control!:LOL:

Perfect timing. Got a sore throat, nasty night sweats. Went for a covid test this am, now waiting on results. Meanwhile, self quarenting here, so off to Apple+ I go, Lol.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
It is worth mentioning that it is okay to be an Apple hater and still enjoy Long Way Up. You can watch Apple TV+ on a Windows computer in your browser.

Use an HDMI cable to watch on a large TV screen, or use the Chrome browser to broadcast to your Chromecast.

snydes

Staff member
Perfect timing. Got a sore throat, nasty night sweats. Went for a covid test this am, now waiting on results. Meanwhile, self quarenting here, so off to Apple+ I go, Lol.
How’d you like that test? My buddy just got one and said he thought that swab was going to touch his brain as far as it went up in! :oops:

F451

How’d you like that test? My buddy just got one and said he thought that swab was going to touch his brain as far as it went up in! :oops:

It was no sweat. A firefighter medic working there was chatting with me while I waited in line in my truck, he mentioned that they reduced the size of the swab. Not painful, but my eyes did tear up a bit and I sneezed after they were done.

F451

Watched episode 1, really enjoyed it. And holy cow, the obstacles that they had to overcome in such a short time frame, amazing. I had no idea about the Rivian and HD vehicles situation, wow (don't want to spoil it for any who has not seen it yet).

snydes

Staff member
FYI Long Way Round (first adventure) is also very good. Long Way Down is next on my list. Really interesting stuff. I’m definitely a fan.