Loading and Unloading your 150lbs Generator

evh1

I have a Honda 5000 with a perimeter frame and wheels. I was alone and faced with loading it by myself. I found that it slides up and down the ramp quite easily and steadily. My ramp is an eight foot by 10" with a slight arch in it. After loading and tieing the bike, I can push the gen up or pull it off, using a tie down to cinch up as I push to save ground gained if on an incline. I also thought that I could use my handy come a long tied on the bike to pull up if I was too tired. Turning most gens sideways, you can do the same. Much easier in practice.

F451

I have a Honda 5000 with a perimeter frame and wheels. I was alone and faced with loading it by myself. I found that it slides up and down the ramp quite easily and steadily. My ramp is an eight foot by 10" with a slight arch in it. After loading and tieing the bike, I can push the gen up or pull it off, using a tie down to cinch up as I push to save ground gained if on an incline. I also thought that I could use my handy come a long tied on the bike to pull up if I was too tired. Turning most gens sideways, you can do the same. Much easier in practice.

Same experience with my Coleman 5000 with my old wood ramp, I think its a 2x6 or something. Not the easiest way to get it in the bed of the truck, but way easier then lifting it. Same for sliding it down of course. My new B&S Q6500 is lighter then the Coleman so should be even easier. I don't think I'd need a come a long, but I think I will buy one anyway, they are a basic must have tool, so now that I'm 58, it will be a good time to finally buy one, Lol.

No lifts, no lift tables, use what I already bring riding, less is more.

Sumik

This is incorrect. The different is between the slow charging from 110V and the fast charging from 240V. You can run either the standard or the fast charger from 110V or 240V. However, charging from 110V at the track is so slow that it doesn't make any noticeable difference whether you are charging between the motos or not. In order to be able to ride all day you have to have 240V and a larger ~4000W generator.

But you are in Czech Republic... so I am confused. You don't have 50 lbs inverter generators there that can power the standard charger at 220V, do you? It would have to be rated at almost 3,000W.
I wanted to say that the weight of a 3300 W inverter is 64 lbs (not 50 as I wrote) but the weight of a 4000 W inverter which you need to be able to use the rapid charger is 100 lbs+ and in that case you need some help to load and unload..

Magira 3300.JPG

Magira 3300 Tecnical Information.JPG

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted to say that the weight of a 3300 W inverter is 64 lbs (not 50 as I wrote) but the weight of a 4000 W inverter which you need to be able to use the rapid charger is 100 lbs+ and in that case you need some help to load and unload..

View attachment 2933

View attachment 2934
Wow, that's light! And it should be able to charge the bike from empty to full in 2 hours with a Standard charger.