List of aftermarket products for the Alta

snydes

Staff member
I'd like to start a thread listing any aftermarket products you have found for the Alta. This list will be slow to start I'm sure, but at some point will pick up speed as more of these bikes find there way into garages.

Controls
- Harnesses allow for 2” handlebar risers
- Levers that fit Brembo masters will fit our bike (2014 KTMs)
Map switch
- Trail Tech
Throttle
· (2100664-04 THROTTLE ASSEMBLY, OVERMOLDED) - These are for early VIN Altas (MX specfically, VIN99 is the rough cut point.
(2103959-00 THROTTLE, HALL EFFECT, HIRSCHMANN, 65 DEG, CONNECTORIZED, SHORTENED) - These are for All Dirt variant bikes (MXR, EXR, MX and EX) after VIN99. The shortened piece makes it easier to install grips.
(THROTTLE, HALL EFFECT, HIRSCHMANN, 65 DEG, CONNECTORIZED 2102308-03) - These are meant for SM, they have a slightly longer throttle tube, but can be modified to fit the Alta variants that do not use the -04.
Display Guard - Display guard
Handguards
- Universal mounts will work
Suspensions
- KTM 2014 4CS forks, 0.52 kg/mm spring rate (RaceTech has 0.54 - FRSP 434654; Slavens Racing has 0.55 kg/mm)
- KTM 2014 shock, 6.3 kg/mm spring rate (RaceTech has 6.6 - SRSP 652666 & 6.0 - SRSP 652660)
- MX/SM/EX - WP 4CS
- EXR - WP XPlor 48
- MXR - WP AER 48
Brakes
- Front and rear brakes and brake pads are from 2014 KTMs
- Front -- MX/MXR/EX/EXR - Brembo - Part common with KTM SXF 450 brake master and caliper. SM - Brembo - S1000RR pad material and caliper. Can be retrofitted with aftermarket Brembo kit
- Rear -- All models - Brembo,
LHRB (left-hand rear brake)
- An optional Alta accessory item - 9mm Brembo clutch master cylinder, KTM part # xxx. This kit deletes your foot brake.
- DIY method - DIY LHRB that retains the foot brake
- Rekluse Left Hand Rear Brake Kit - Rekluse
- Ox Brake LHRB
Pegs
- 2015 Yamaha YZ250F OEM will fit
Front Fender
- The MX/MXR/EX/EXR front fender and MX/MXR number plates are from the 2009 CRF450R (we use Acerbis). (later years may also be direct fit)
- SM - Alta Specific Front fender
Fork guards - 2015-2020 KTM EXC/XC-W/XCF-W/SX/SX-F/XC/XC-F
Side shrouds - Alta specific
Side number plates - Alta specific
Rear fender - Alta specific (note EX/EXR/SM rear fender had provisions for tail light assembly but will directly fit an MX/MXR)
Headlight (SM/EX/EXR) - Polisport Halo light mask w/Alta mounting brackets
Graphics
- Factory Effex, Limited Decal, FAMMX, SKDA - all have the templates and can do custom kits
Wheels
- 2014 KTM specs and bolting patterns
- Front will need a 7mm spacer between the disc and the hub
- Outer spacers are to Alta specs
- Warp 9 is our current supplier and is allowed to support aftermarket
Wheel Bearings - Wheel bearings
Sprockets
- 2014 KTM specs front and rear
Chain sliders
- Rear lower chain guide from 2014 KTM SX-F 2014 p/n 77704070210 Chain Guide Kit Rear
- Front chain slider is Alta specific. Swingarm chain slider.
Skid Plate
- Aftermarket from from SX Slideplates (www.sxslideplates.com)

allesad

Snydes, did you consider an EX skid plate? I am in the market for skid plate for my MX. I have a inquiry with the dealer on price for the EX, but am open to aftermarket or a bolt on from another bike.

snydes

Staff member
I believe the price on the EX plate is around $140 if memory serves me. The sxs plate is still more $ but has better coverage and protects the linkage also.

Snydes, did you consider an EX skid plate? I am in the market for skid plate for my MX. I have a inquiry with the dealer on price for the EX, but am open to aftermarket or a bolt on from another bike.

thsm007

When you say brakes are from 2014 Ktm, does that mean brake caliper or brake pedal? I’d like to have a spare brake pedal as mine don’t always fair well in the rocky terrain I ride.. does anyone know if an aftermarket pedal that fits a 2014 Ktm will work?

thsm007

How are guys getting those screw in pegs out of the pedal? Mine seem to be frozen in there. Anyone know what Allen size is used? I have about every metric size known to man and none seem to catch..

rayivers

I have about every metric size known to man and none seem to catch..

If yours are the same as my MXR, try using a 5/64" key socket, cover the peg with a small piece of aluminum tape, then push the socket's key down through it into the keyway. The heat mentioned and an impact gun might help.