List of aftermarket products for the Alta

snydes

Staff member
The holes are already there in the top clamp and the frame for one of those (no bracket needed). I don’t believe anyone has tried one yet though. It’s a shame, not long before I bought my MXR I sold one of those dampeners off of my 450x in favor of a Scotts. I would have easily been able to test fit it.

Geci

Has anyone replaced wheel bearings yet? I found the part number for the rear wheel bearing, its 6005rs but I can't seem to find the right seals. Can this be cross-referenced to an other brand? I'd love to just be able to order them online using a specific brand. Thanks.
Rear wheel bearing: 6005rs
Front wheel bearing: 6906rs
Seals: tc35477

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
front lower guide...the piece across from footpeg. Found through a 2014 450sxf microfiche
Oh that one. It is an Alta specific part as well. We haven't heard of it breaking, but it could be quick to wear if the chain is not tightened regularly. A good thing to order right now, probably.

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
Oh that one. It is an Alta specific part as well. We haven't heard of it breaking, but it could be quick to wear if the chain is not tightened regularly. A good thing to order right now, probably.
I accidentally ran mine without this part for a few hours with no ill effects

snydes

Staff member
As far as the shrouds, rear fender, side panels and such I would think at some point if Alta goes under Acerbis will start selling those items aftermarket. I don't know what else (if anything) they make for the bike.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The body plastic is made by Acerbis. They should be able to keep producing fenders, shrouds, and I hope the rear bulkheads/subframes.

They probably need someone placing a stocking order though.

Trialsman

I ordered new plastic and a throttle yesterday. By the way, that slider under the counter shaft sprocket can be useful. I took mine off and drilled a hole in one of the nearly vertical struts and placed a spring in it which pushes against the frame. It makes a chain tensioner. Next I will extend it and fab in a roller to do an even better job.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I ordered new plastic and a throttle yesterday. By the way, that slider under the counter shaft sprocket can be useful. I took mine off and drilled a hole in one of the nearly vertical struts and placed a spring in it which pushes against the frame. It makes a chain tensioner. Next I will extend it and fab in a roller to do an even better job.

Mind posting a picture of that?

Trialsman

Here it is. I ended up making a small Delrin button that fits in the coil of the spring and flares out as a contact spot for the frame. That way it doesn't eat into the frame. I had to play with several spring weights to get it strong enough to lift the chain when slack. Next will be a roller.

What is normal drivetrain sound?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, we made a carbon fiber skidplate for the Alta and send some samples to one of their stuff. Sadly to late, don’t heard anything from him..
View attachment 2208
Looks live a nice high-end aftermarket product. Alta wouldn't have been interested in it anyway because of the cost. But you could gage the interest here and perhaps make and sell a few of these.