license plate for mxr in ca

Jayfox911

I finally finished registration for the mxr, I put an exr light kit on amd received a ca license plate for it.

I bought a exr emissions sticker for it and the exr light kit.
The vin verification person looked for the emissions sticker.

dmv registered it as EN as body type (endro)

fingers crossed it doesn’t get kicked back.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I finally finished registration for the mxr, I put an exr light kit on amd received a ca license plate for it.

About a few months ago I too registered a Alta MX with a plate. Difference was that I had a MSO . That confused them for 20 minutes. Since COVID kicked in hard, they only visually saw the bike from the back of my pickup from the window....They will try to ask where the bike is manufactured (Brisbane, CA) and then also aim for a CHP review. But be persistent.

Ross Shafer

I've got my MXR ready to try and reg. I took off the rear brake pedal and only use a lhrb now though. Haven't got around to ssussing out the easiest way to get the brake light to work with it though. Any quick cheap 'n dirty ideas?

Jayfox911

The vin verification person didn’t test or ask about light functionality.
But doesn’t your front brake lever make the brake light work?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I think this is a bike Pal Pinter bought from you. Yes the front brakelight works fine, I figured the CHP check would require that both work.

Its weird now at the CA DMVs...some personnel go out and check the vehicle throughly, some do not come close to it (like mine in Daly City). They very much cared for the engine number and the VIN.

Jayfox911

Its weird now at the CA DMVs...some personnel go out and check the vehicle throughly, some do not come close to it (like mine in Daly City). They very much cared for the engine number and the VIN.
The non-dmv and non-chp vin verification person only cared about vin, engine number, emissions label number, and miles.
Good luck. 👍

brettb

I'm in the process of having a VIN sticker created for my MXR. Even though the bike is street legal & registered in Washington, the CA DMV wanted the sticker. She didn't care where the sticker was located (was even looking at removable plastic parts), she just needed to check to box on her list that it was on the bike.

I'm expecting my new sticker to arrive on Monday, I'll post the details. The company I'm using now has an Alta template that they can customize for you for $45 shipped. I'll include a copy of the comp now, I will upload pics from the final product when they arrive.

alta-sticker.jpg

brettb

Cadillac Signs is your source for Business Signage - They did my sticker. (also a bit cheaper too)

I do also have the VECI label so that persay doesn't have to be made by them.

I used Cadilac as well, I think the total was $43 shipped to be specific. Our contact there is Kim Brown, I'll include her contact info. I let her know that some other Alta owners would be reaching out for stickers.

Kim Brown
Cadillac Sign & Decal
502-964-4444

Jayfox911

I used Cadilac as well, I think the total was $43 shipped to be specific. Our contact there is Kim Brown, I'll include her contact info. I let her know that some other Alta owners would be reaching out for stickers.

Kim Brown
Cadillac Sign & Decal
502-964-4444
Did you get the emissions sticker also?
they made my vin sticker and emissions sticker for me.

The dmv Form had a spot for the emissions sticker info.

Jayfox911

I didn't get the emissions sticker, would that be required for an electric bike?
Yes! Dmv doesn’t understand 100% electric vehicles and how emissions work with them yet haha

just get one from @Rashid510 but Kim made mine when I got the vin sticker. I believe the emissions electric motor sticker is slightly different from 2018 and the 2019. The number on the sticker wa a different between a 2018 sm and a 2019 exr.

Dluxor1

I bought a exr emissions sticker for it and the exr light kit.
The vin verification person looked for the emissions sticker.

dmv registered it as EN as body type (endro)

Where did you purchase the emissions sticker? Just ordered my exr kit I’m looking to do the same thing and make it street legal

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Where did you purchase the emissions sticker? Just ordered my exr kit I’m looking to do the same thing and make it street legal

Cadillac Sign and Decal will make you the VIN label. But to be fully legal you need the VECI label. (I have those) some DMVs/CHPs will look for all the emissions labels so gotta make sure you have those.

@Dluxor1 let me know if you need that label

Top Bottom