let’s do this

snydes

Staff member
You are right. But I am not used to Linux at all and anxious about to remove all software from the dealer laptop (the only Linux Laptop I have) and install MT. What if it dos not work? But sooner or later I have to dare! :)

Its not all that bad to do, any snags and we can walk you through it. That dealer software is almost useless.

wwmotors

Thanks for the offer, helping me through. OK will try, when days get colder here in Germany. Then I have time to. In the moment riding is more important, than fiddling around with software! :)

snydes

Staff member
You could also just try it on a different laptop first. You don’t really need anything special.

One thing though before you go any farther and that is I don’t think you can load SM FW on an R pack bike. I could be wrong.

Oded

I would get a 2nd hand cheap laptop and devote it to Linux and Multitool. That is what I did.

SM maps require only the inverter fw to be uploaded. I think it Should work on R bikes as well, but I am not sure.

snydes

Staff member
The Erzberg firmware has been run on an A bike, so I suppose maybe it is possible. Not sure myself. Either way, you will be happier in the long run with the better version of Multitool.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I would get a 2nd hand cheap laptop and devote it to Linux and Multitool. That is what I did.

SM maps require only the inverter fw to be uploaded. I think it Should work on R bikes as well, but I am not sure.
I second the idea of just finding a cheap used laptop on ebay or locally and throwing ububtu or other flavor of linux on it. You already have the dongle from the dealer laptop, so that was the expensive part.