LED light options

WoodsWeapon

To ensure the wires wont pull out over time, I injected epoxy into the back side of each connector. The side that stays with the bike has a screw on cap with an Oring making it water tight. And the Alta seat thumbscrew allows easy access.

schwankl

silent but violent
Are you referring to the single plug behind the number plate/light? What for switch did they use on it?
motominded had installed a switch which only had the lights and horn. In Utah dmv requires signals and plate light (and a few other changes) to be street legal, so I replaced their switch with a tusk that has turn signals too. Could not find the same domino light+turn+horn switch that exr has, or would have got that... if somebody knows where to get one outside the dealer+alta bs please let me know.

There are 2 main conduit / sleeves going to area behind the number plate:
1. throttle and run switch
2. display, map switch, and aux light - or at least thats what the red/black wire pair is labeled:
1542473315850.png

revoltlution

Keep yer cool, don't get hurt, and never give up!
@schwankl @datadog @Rashid510 @Judaslefourbe
Does anyone know the magic combination of resistors to get an LED taillight to work. Currently (no pun intended) I get the single blink when the key turns on, then nothing.
Maybe need a perfectly sized thermistor to reduce inrush, while ensuring some minimum load.
BTW, I'm using the existing EXR taillight circuit.
@Philip remind me how to flip these pics for the future :)

20191115_104313.jpg

revoltlution

Keep yer cool, don't get hurt, and never give up!
I would have to reach out to the guy who I did his rear LED tail light to see if I could find the resistor loads. (Its a big resistor, just dont remember the ohms)
Thanks @Trialsman I'll give this a go!
That looks like a 6ohm 50w resistor, one for taillight, one for brake?
12v / 6 ohms = 2 amps... Therefore 12v * 2amps = 2 watts (wasted). Might be worth trying a higher ohmed (high wattage) resistor to reduce electron waste. I'll do some experiments for the community and report back.