Leaving charger out in the cold

Motophyllic

i’m just curious what you guys think about leaving the charger out in the cold garage all winter long. I was just wondering if the deep freeze on the electronics would be something I should be concerned about.
Thanks guys

bluefxstc

I leave mine in my unheated barn with open stall doors all winter and have had no problems. Also had an Elcon 2500, which is basically the same internals as a Alta standard charger, on my conversion which while stored in my garage at night and for charging, was my daily driver for 7 years so lots of routine cold temps and daily use when I got home. Live in Boise so 10 or so days in single digits, 1-2 days below 0F and a couple of weeks continuous below freezing.

No problem with the charger being in cold temps, just don’t want to charge the bike if the battery cells are below freezing.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Mine also lives in an unheated barn, usually closed at night, but often left open during the day regardless of temperature of precipitation. I didn't have any problems last winter, and not planning to do anything different this year either.