LAST CALL FOR ALTA PARTS

MX8

My name is Quentin Wilson. I was the Western Regional Service Rep for Alta from December of 2016 until October 2018. I own MX #8 "Crusty". I have been in contact with the last few remaining Alta-ers that have been dealing with Armanino as they have been managing the Alta assets. I have no idea what is going to happen, but none of it sounds good as far as parts supply. My best guess is that the entire contents of Alta are going to get haphazardly shoved into a warehouse. A major transition is happening this week, and the last opportunity to get parts orders in is going to be within the next couple of days. I didn't know this until this morning when I asked a friend about gettnig a part for my bike.

Most of the failure modes I saw were internal to the battery, so it isn't like we have a lot we can do to stockpile anything. Eventually I might be able to help provide a break down of the various systems with known failure modes and known fixes to the collective, but for now I have to concentrate on switching jobs and keeping Crusty running. Fortunately for the most part these machines are so low maintenance that we might be in luck, but with that said a few of the battery failure modes are quite terminal and would take a complete rebuild of the pack. Gnarly stuff. I heard that someone had taken one apart, but I try and stay off forums as they are the devil so I haven't seen it. Hopefully we will slowly be able to eek out how to repair and replace these things over time.

Good luck, I am sorry this happened.
QW

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
Is there any way you can find out the status of orders that were put in in novrmber? My dealer says they have shown as shipped for over a month

MX8

I have no idea what would have happened to an order from November, and no, there is no way to know what is left other than to talk to whomever might be handling it at the warehouse. The system probably shows quantities for them.

I have been completely out of it since October 18. It is all a bad deal.

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"
I have no idea what would have happened to an order from November, and no, there is no way to know what is left other than to talk to whomever might be handling it at the warehouse. The system probably shows quantities for them.

I have been completely out of it since October 18. It is all a bad deal.

That's for showing up here. We have several Alta former employees posting here.

Mikec265

I have called several dealers today. No one is willing to let me order parts.
Is there a dealer that can try to help a guy order parts? Specifically any electrical parts that are available.
My cell is 814-490-5187 if you can help me out. Thank you

privateer703

AOF Addict
I called one of my local dealers and he said they are only taking "Service" orders? Not exactly sure what that means, but he was directly referencing an e-mail he got from Alta. Also, the Altamotors website won't show you the dealers near you, weird message pops up saying to contact hello.storepoint.co. No response from that e-mail as of yet. At least the dealer I called had a spare set of shrouds.

Rocketz152

My name is Quentin Wilson. I was the Western Regional Service Rep for Alta from December of 2016 until October 2018. I own MX #8 "Crusty". I have been in contact with the last few remaining Alta-ers that have been dealing with Armanino as they have been managing the Alta assets. I have no idea what is going to happen, but none of it sounds good as far as parts supply. My best guess is that the entire contents of Alta are going to get haphazardly shoved into a warehouse. A major transition is happening this week, and the last opportunity to get parts orders in is going to be within the next couple of days. I didn't know this until this morning when I asked a friend about gettnig a part for my bike.

Most of the failure modes I saw were internal to the battery, so it isn't like we have a lot we can do to stockpile anything. Eventually I might be able to help provide a break down of the various systems with known failure modes and known fixes to the collective, but for now I have to concentrate on switching jobs and keeping Crusty running. Fortunately for the most part these machines are so low maintenance that we might be in luck, but with that said a few of the battery failure modes are quite terminal and would take a complete rebuild of the pack. Gnarly stuff. I heard that someone had taken one apart, but I try and stay off forums as they are the devil so I haven't seen it. Hopefully we will slowly be able to eek out how to repair and replace these things over time.

Good luck, I am sorry this happened.
QW

Any official news since you posted this comment/thread?

datadog

I have called several dealers today. No one is willing to let me order parts.
Is there a dealer that can try to help a guy order parts? Specifically any electrical parts that are available.
My cell is 814-490-5187 if you can help me out. Thank you

I think you're too late, unfortunately.