KTM, HONDA & YAMAHA AGREE TO CREATE UNIVERSAL BATTERIES FOR ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLES

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Very smart! Trying to achieve a technological or performance superiority in the area of building batteries is not what low-volume EV and motorcycle manufacturers should do! Leave that to suppliers and battery makers. Or make your own awesome battery design and let others buy and use it!

B. FRANK

in the sub article linked to Honda will work with Ktm etc(see above link) brp introduces 6 new electric vehicles there is a center podium containing a very altaish looking battery...any one else see this?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
in the sub article linked to Honda will work with Kim etc(see above link) brp introduces 6 new electric vehicles there is a center podium containing a very altaish looking battery...any one else see this?
Yeah, these do look like the Alta's internals.
Bastards. Cannibals.
1614790750613.png

B. FRANK

come on haters! if brp uses alta parts then alta parts will be available! how is this a bad thing? if they continue to use Alta's technology then maybe as technology moves forward some of it may be used to upgrade Altas. the majority of the bike can be replaced with existing parts from other brands but batteries, inverters, motors and such are gonna get scarce in the future. I think if someone embraces the tech parts(wether they stole the tech or not) can only be good news for us alta owners. feel free to tell me I'm wrong, I am an adult and can take it. ps. I do suffer from techno shock and am riding something I don't really understand...but I like it!!

Motophyllic

When Alta decided to shut the doors, I don’t think they made any money. They paid off debt and were auctioned off. Couldn’t they have chosen to make their software open source, then when they were auctioned off what does it matter. They didn’t get any of the money anyway.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Sorry to hear that man. If I had Elon Musk money, I’d team up with all you ex Alta guys and we’d make some kick ass bikes.
We will need kick ass electric dirt bikes on Mars. Not enough O2 to make roosting Martian dust on an ICE bike viable. Gotta go electric. Elon knows this, and will need Altas on that first trip to Mars to make it work! Should be able to catch some sweet air in 1/3 G, although traction will be a bit of a problem.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
We will need kick ass electric dirt bikes on Mars. Not enough O2 to make roosting Martian dust on an ICE bike viable. Gotta go electric. Elon knows this, and will need Altas on that first trip to Mars to make it work! Should be able to catch some sweet air in 1/3 G, although traction will be a bit of a problem.
And with only 1/3 G, we might see a substantial increase in range.