KTM Electric

try_all

yes its aircooled there's no water cooled zero motor, with test batteries the bike was weighed 105kg, the final battery is 10kg heavier +/- so im expecting around 115kg +/-

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so 115kg is 253 lbs. Is the HP 50hp like on the MXR or 40hp like on the MX.

Are zero motors never water cooled?

Just trying to access here whether Alta has achieved any extraordinary on-paper performance specifications, or whether it can be replicated by anyone with a garage and a welder.

Electricride

if you take the 75/7 Motor from the Zero SR and the sevcon gen4 size 6 Controller, the system is capable to produce 70 Hp ,but the problem is the Batterie. The E mxm crew try a oil cooled version of the Zero motor

Mark911

My preference is using an ACPM motor like Alta's. Light, powerful, efficient and with the right controller capable of a wide torque/speed range.

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
My preference is using an ACPM motor like Alta's. Light, powerful, efficient and with the right controller capable of a wide torque/speed range.
YAh!! thats my preference too! What Mark said.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I would be curious to know if an Alta's motor with a housing, a reduction gear, a battery, inverter and controller, etc. is a lot heavier than a 450cc 4-stroke motor, a gearbox, exhaust, and a full 2-gallon gas tank.

try_all

Zero motors are air cooled,power gonna be around 40-45hp but dyno result will tell the truth, to be honest if i was living in the US i would get a secondhand ALTA anyday over my custom KTM as the price is not much different when its done compared to a secondhand alta according to craigslist prices, and a homemade build will be never be the same as a bike that have years of development behind. good thing with diy if something goes wrong with anything you can just repair it. but if some part goes wrong on ALTA im not sure if parts are accesible after ceased its operation, theres PROS and CONS always between a diy build and ALTA.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Some people do not fully appreciate how many things Alta Motors has done right with the Redshift. How well-designed and well-thought out all the critical systems are. Their first production bike was a smashing success, at least among those who rode and bought it.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Some people do not fully appreciate how many things Alta Motors has done right with the Redshift. How well-designed and well-thought out all the critical systems are. Their first production bike was a smashing success, at least among those who rode and bought it.
This is what blows me away Philip, the more I think about the Alta design, what was done here, what was done there, and compare it to other designs, the one thing that I continuously conclude is Alta is the current best offroad E Motorcycle on the market. Period. I suspect if Alta would have stayed in business, we would not have seen a structural design improvement as far as the chassis/motor/drive combination for at least 10+ years. Yah, battery, suspension, and component improvements would have gotten better, but not the design.

Top Bottom