KTM Electric

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Just a guess, but that appears to be a custom build.

By the way, really puts into perspective how well the Alta was designed. On the Alta, the motor is tucked into the middle of the bike with the frame leaves lots of room for a battery up front.

snydes

Staff member
You can bet your last dollar they are working on one. Probably won’t see a full size MX bike for another 3 years minimum. Rumor is the mini will follow the pee wee which is supposed to be a 2020 model.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
The CG numbers on the Alta are optimum considering the overall mass components of the bike

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
This is a 3-year old rear shock. I am not recognizing the model year of the plastic. Regardless, this must be a very old pic.

I wonder why they have an "F" in the E-SXF?

I see no place for a big battery. Maybe it is indeed a hybrid. Very likely. A 14K RPM 4-stroke gas engine powering a 14K RPM coaxial starter/generator electric motor. I see no other explanation.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
They are talking about the 50cc equivalent here.

The KTM's CEO is sour on the prospects of full-sized electric bikes because of their weight/range disadvantage. He recently said KTM is not going to have a full-size electric motorcycle any time soon. It must have not occurred to him yet you do not need a long range for the amateur motocross or for putt-putt back country riding.

querlenker

This is a DIY build.

If KTM would realy be interessted in building an electric full size mx bikes, i believe they had bought Alta. I know they own at least one Bike and tested it a lot. They results were not what you guys want to hear. I believe we wont see a facory electric KTM, with a pricetag, soon.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
This is a DIY build.

If KTM would realy be interessted in building an electric full size mx bikes, i believe they had bought Alta. I know they own at least one Bike and tested it a lot. They results were not what you guys want to hear. I believe we wont see a facory electric KTM, with a pricetag, soon.
I’d like to hear ‘their’ testing results

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Haha! I thought it could have been a tree shade build, but the hybrid concept seemed so intriguing! Probably way too heavy to be practical though.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
It’d be no different than if a strapped a Honda 2000 generator on my back while riding - oh & the charger...o_O

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
It’d be no different than if a strapped a Honda 2000 generator on my back while riding - oh & the charger...o_O
You're right. It would actually have to be a Honda 7000 in order not to run out of battery after 5 minutes.

Yes, I too would like to see a Photoshop of that hybrid!

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
You're right. It would actually have to be a Honda 7000 in order not to run out of battery after 5 minutes.

Yes, I too would like to see a Photoshop of that hybrid!
No problem, just strap the 7000 to my trailer and ride on! Only use the 2000 for slow technical rides, where it can keep up.

Doesn't everybody use this technique?

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I'll see what I can do..:unsure:

I think bigger picture that's forming here is: current battery chemistry technology is 'simple' "power = weight" Of course everyone likes to beat up Tesla even though they have a good product - Wheres Ford, Chevy, Toyota with their all electric cars that dont look like bread boxes that actually reinvent utility of personal transportation? I blame the illuminati deep state....

the Alta due to its performance is on the edge given current technology - can anyone name one other commercially available electric dirt bike that fills the space Alta did? ZERO, Emmoto - NO??

Top Bottom