JW884 Video Thread

Jason, really enjoyed that and the last one too!. Well done!.

Couple points...

On the last one before this Vid, the dudes that you let have a go its so nice to see people amazed with these awesome bikes, good on you for that.

The last vid above, that outside line on the back straight round the edge of the last jump made you some time and places up right there!.

Nice whip over the table top!.

The "Sorry" to the Kawasaki rider lol.

And two trophys!, dude.....a solid well done and awesome work as i sit here in Rain-filled shitty England wishing i was born in a land that welcomes the sport we all love.

Keep up the good work!.

P.S. Was she in Map 4 for all the racing you did?, and what sort of battery bars/percentage was she sucking per race and time frame?. (Would be a help to know for my first race day outing soon!). If it stops raining.

JW884

Jason, really enjoyed that and the last one too!. Well done!.

Couple points...

On the last one before this Vid, the dudes that you let have a go its so nice to see people amazed with these awesome bikes, good on you for that.

The last vid above, that outside line on the back straight round the edge of the last jump made you some time and places up right there!.

Nice whip over the table top!.

The "Sorry" to the Kawasaki rider lol.

And two trophys!, dude.....a solid well done and awesome work as i sit here in Rain-filled shitty England wishing i was born in a land that welcomes the sport we all love.

Keep up the good work!.

P.S. Was she in Map 4 for all the racing you did?, and what sort of battery bars/percentage was she sucking per race and time frame?. (Would be a help to know for my first race day outing soon!). If it stops raining.
Thank you! Still surprised anyone actually sits through my videos since they're quite long haha
• Yeah I love letting people try it and spreading the E-bike knowledge and feeling
• Yeah I felt like I would have much more exit speed but there was a kicker on the outside I would be in big trouble if I had messed it up lol
• Thanks! Made a nice pass over it too
• Haha I felt bad for cutting him off since he wasn't in my class
• Yeah it felt good with the 3rd place (didn't really "earn" the other one quite as much) and I understand. It's
• Thank you and I will!
• And actually believe it or not I race it 90% of the time in map 3! At Capeway (the latest video) it's really high speed so I was topping out on the long straightaways but still didn't click up to 4. At that track the motos were 7 laps and I had about 55-60% battery left. Easily charged up in time for my second moto without a worry. Some other tracks take up more battery but just depends on dirt condition and depth (sand, mud, hard-packed, etc.)

Hey Jason. Another good race for you!, Well done.

What was the lap time average?, that looks like a fun track and would be really interested to know the overall size of the place too. Must look it up.

Was nice to see someone again being able to enjoy an Alta, interesting he asked about the weight on the track.

Notes :

Great idea for the on-screen Map info. Helpful for myself as racing coming up soon.
Dude on the 125 in the 30+!. He was everywhere.
Little dude on the 65 hucking the step up!.
Heard someone shout at you into a corner...makes a change lol.
The #105 hold off was awesome, & good for getting past him!.
Holeshots!, I see him run you wide...not sure what you said on the flat land after!.
Corner crash!, was that kicker just sent you wrong....but good speed coming into it!.

Again, nice job on the racing and the video. What's next?....

P.S. Need a shout out on the next vid for Danny (#76) in the U.K.!. ;)

JW884

Hey Jason. Another good race for you!, Well done.

What was the lap time average?, that looks like a fun track and would be really interested to know the overall size of the place too. Must look it up.

Was nice to see someone again being able to enjoy an Alta, interesting he asked about the weight on the track.

Notes :

Great idea for the on-screen Map info. Helpful for myself as racing coming up soon.
Dude on the 125 in the 30+!. He was everywhere.
Little dude on the 65 hucking the step up!.
Heard someone shout at you into a corner...makes a change lol.
The #105 hold off was awesome, & good for getting past him!.
Holeshots!, I see him run you wide...not sure what you said on the flat land after!.
Corner crash!, was that kicker just sent you wrong....but good speed coming into it!.

Again, nice job on the racing and the video. What's next?....

P.S. Need a shout out on the next vid for Danny (#76) in the U.K.!. ;)
Thanks again! Appreciate you watching
• My laptimes were 56-58 seconds on the SMX (Super-Motocross) track. It is Winchester SpeedPark in New Hampshire. They have the main MX track across the street (all flat land with about 2min laptime), this SMX track (used to be an Amateur SX track and was awesome! Have some old videos from there and hope they eventually go back to that style), and a small dealership.
• Yeah I always try to tell people about the big difference between the on track and off track weight
• Not sure what you mean on this one? I'm guessing the "Chapters" on the Youtube timeline bar right? I finally found out how to do that and like it! Feels more organized and more professional
• Yeah he was great! Talked to him a bit about the bike during staging and he was always looking at the cameras lol
• He was stoked to be in the video. Hope he saw the clips I got of him
• I must've missed it lol I know I sure had to yell a lot
• I talked to him after about it and we were both pushing quite a bit for it and had a blast
• Got some good ones! Especially the last one was awesome. And :ROFLMAO: I said "Ah F@#k! Way too big!" Might have to start adding some subtitles again on parts like that
• That crash caught me off-guard big time! Those braking bumps were soft and at an angle and I think my front wheel just started to wash, then stood up really quick
• Actually heading back to that same track this Sunday (6/6) for my Birthday and should have some family and friends there! (Might also get a day of practice in this Friday if the weather cooperates)
• And will do! Least I can do for someone who seems to enjoy the videos quite a bit!

Reactions: #76

What a place!, set in all the trees....how far away drive time is that from you?.
With the rain i think from what i can see the track did well and shaped up good for the day.
Some big ruts already in?, do they only prep the track for the weekends and leave it as-is for the week?.
Fuel can - we have all done it....
The dozer!....dude really.....like full on into a dark section - Bulldozer blade straight ahead alert!, that could have been really, really bad.
Over shoot the Table....ooh that hurt...into that soft stuff you was lucky there!.
Almost tucked it coming into the corner...
Korp on the 2 stroke, he was doing well!...not often that you can hear someone that clear on a practice day lol. Got to get him into a higher gear sometimes, but he hit that big double no sweat, good for him!.

Thermal limit hit - has this happened many times before?.

Looking forward to the race day vid!, Hope all goes well. :)

JW884

What a place!, set in all the trees....how far away drive time is that from you?.
With the rain i think from what i can see the track did well and shaped up good for the day.
Some big ruts already in?, do they only prep the track for the weekends and leave it as-is for the week?.
Fuel can - we have all done it....
The dozer!....dude really.....like full on into a dark section - Bulldozer blade straight ahead alert!, that could have been really, really bad.
Over shoot the Table....ooh that hurt...into that soft stuff you was lucky there!.
Almost tucked it coming into the corner...
Korp on the 2 stroke, he was doing well!...not often that you can hear someone that clear on a practice day lol. Got to get him into a higher gear sometimes, but he hit that big double no sweat, good for him!.

Thermal limit hit - has this happened many times before?.

Looking forward to the race day vid!, Hope all goes well. :)
• Only about 1hr & 10min from me
• Yeah the track got wet but didn't get too slick so it was still nice and pretty tacky to ride
• I believe they leave it all week or at least for a few days during the week before prepping the track. It was nice to have some of the lines already there
• Ohhh yeah:( still dealing with it now. Hoping it will go away by itself over time
• I was very surprised seeing the dozer when I came around but it was very shortly after they opened but yeah bit of a scary situation
• I was more scared for the bike since its so violent sounding hearing all the suspension and bottoming but yeah not a pleasant feeling
• And that's why I have to throw my new front wheel and tire on soon lol
• He seemed pretty quick that day! And he's not the most confident with jumping so it's good to get him doing some that he's on the fence about
• Yeah it happens quite a bit since the MX isn't best for faster riders on moto tracks. I know some A riders that hit it very quick. For me, it's usually because 1)It's hot out 2)A deep/sandy track 3)Longer/later into a moto 4)The battery wasn't fully charged and cooled-down before the moto 5)The lower charge left, I believe also starts to limit it earlier than a more fully charged battery OR a combination of any of those causes
• Thanks! The race from the weekend went well but I'll probably skip riding this weekend but hopefully won't miss a week for a video!

Happy Birthday Bro!. How young are we today (Sunday) then?.

Ah, morning Coffee & a 884 video to watch, perfect start to the day!.

Thank you very much for the shout out!, I feel famous!! :D Honestly!.

OK, so what a day you had. Looked very hot there, can see that track drying out and becoming rough, could see the breaking bumps coming into that corner after the finish jump, rough!. So different from the last time you raced there, was it the same group/club of riders?.

So bummed for you on the tip overs - did look really loose and dry - but a better start in 450 B Moto 1 for you, then a flat!, no way...my record is two flats in one day and one tube only lol. Best was deff Moto 2.

That 125 looked like very, very hard work but you kept it on the pipe so bloody good for you!. Then to hand it straight over on the start line, bike must have been thinking wtf?!.

Was great to see just how many were in the Womens/girls race!, wow....that's awesome to see.

Korp did well, one foot over the finish was plain style right there!.

Anyway, thanks again for the shout!, will return the favor as soon as i can. Working hard down the track and with the GoPro/settings/DaVinci/settings/Editing/More settings lol...

When is the next outing?...keep up the good work. Danny.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Happy Birthday 884!

And thanks for posting the videos. I am not a MX rider but I enjoy watching the videos, especially the on-bike segments.

In addition, I'm sure watching your videos keeps me safely away from MX tracks and out of the ER. :cool:

JW884

Happy Birthday Bro!. How young are we today (Sunday) then?.

Ah, morning Coffee & a 884 video to watch, perfect start to the day!.

Thank you very much for the shout out!, I feel famous!! :D Honestly!.

OK, so what a day you had. Looked very hot there, can see that track drying out and becoming rough, could see the breaking bumps coming into that corner after the finish jump, rough!. So different from the last time you raced there, was it the same group/club of riders?.

So bummed for you on the tip overs - did look really loose and dry - but a better start in 450 B Moto 1 for you, then a flat!, no way...my record is two flats in one day and one tube only lol. Best was deff Moto 2.

That 125 looked like very, very hard work but you kept it on the pipe so bloody good for you!. Then to hand it straight over on the start line, bike must have been thinking wtf?!.

Was great to see just how many were in the Womens/girls race!, wow....that's awesome to see.

Korp did well, one foot over the finish was plain style right there!.

Anyway, thanks again for the shout!, will return the favor as soon as i can. Working hard down the track and with the GoPro/settings/DaVinci/settings/Editing/More settings lol...

When is the next outing?...keep up the good work. Danny.
• Thank you! Turned 22
• No problem on the shoutout! Can't wait to see how that track turns out and figured others would like it
• Yeah a super hot day around 90° all day and very sunny. A lot of the same riders but quite a few others that weren't there last time. I have raced just about all of them at some point or another though
• Yeah sadly the tip overs cost me any chance of a good overall. I think there was a rocky line on the inside between the last and 2nd to last corner that caused that flat but I was so bummed to see it. I think I've popped a tube and pinched the replacement in the same day too lol. Hopefully never have that happens again.
• That bike took so much energy haha and trying to go from not shifting at all on the Alta to constantly using the clutch and shifting a ton was tricky. And I was really hoping there was enough gas for his moto haha. It was a very quick decision to switch to that bike. Maybe 5-10min before my gatedrop.
• They had a good turnout! It's a good class to watch with some of the battles they have
• Haha he's working on it! He's got good form but style/comfort while jumping is always in the works
• You're welcome and if you'd like to I'd appreciate it. If you need any help with settings or editing let me know and I'll do my best to help!
• Next outing should be this Sunday at BRO MX again! Going for father's day with my dad and little brother. And my dad will bring his Yamaha 1000R SxS! Should make for a cool video! And hopefully some cool footage a pretty neat camera he just got (if we can get it working)🧐

JW884

Happy Birthday 884!

And thanks for posting the videos. I am not a MX rider but I enjoy watching the videos, especially the on-bike segments.

In addition, I'm sure watching your videos keeps me safely away from MX tracks and out of the ER. :cool:
Thank you! And I appreciate it and will keep it in mind!
Haha it may help but possibly could give you the itch to go out and ride too😉

JW884

In case anyone is interested, sadly no video this week. Ended up spending Father's Day at my parent's with my dad. Hopefully will definitely have one next week!

Hey Jason. The woods riding looked like just plain fun to me, but as you said to me before a lot of stone in the soil over there?, but what a nice and relaxing place to go and have some trail fun, good for you! - but watch out for the branches haha!.

Over here - if you even though about riding somewhere like that the cops would be there to kick you off before you even unloaded the bike from the van!. Not to mention we now have people pulling wire over between two trees to stop you riding, along with planks with 9' nails in them and home made wooden spikes at an angle in the ground....oh yes, so enjoy all you have my friend!.

Anyways, I really enjoyed that last vid, the split cameras worked!. Eric was on it!, but i am so happy you passed him lol!.

How did you like the track?, looked great from here.

Now, the big question - how did you feel on that Yamaha?, looked like you really had a ball on it!.

Ok, so Eric has never rode the Alta before?, looking forward to that one for sure.

Lots of fun riding there, would have been good to know what your time was on the Alta versus the YZ?. See what was faster...

Get that 'Wick vid up here :)

Take it easy.

JW884

Hey Jason. The woods riding looked like just plain fun to me, but as you said to me before a lot of stone in the soil over there?, but what a nice and relaxing place to go and have some trail fun, good for you! - but watch out for the branches haha!.

Over here - if you even though about riding somewhere like that the cops would be there to kick you off before you even unloaded the bike from the van!. Not to mention we now have people pulling wire over between two trees to stop you riding, along with planks with 9' nails in them and home made wooden spikes at an angle in the ground....oh yes, so enjoy all you have my friend!.

Anyways, I really enjoyed that last vid, the split cameras worked!. Eric was on it!, but i am so happy you passed him lol!.

How did you like the track?, looked great from here.

Now, the big question - how did you feel on that Yamaha?, looked like you really had a ball on it!.

Ok, so Eric has never rode the Alta before?, looking forward to that one for sure.

Lots of fun riding there, would have been good to know what your time was on the Alta versus the YZ?. See what was faster...

Get that 'Wick vid up here :)

Take it easy.
• Yeah it was fun and absolutely there a ton of rocks around here. Lucky most of the trails are "friend of a friend" 's land so I don't have to worry about the trespassing and angry hikers.
• Thanks! Kinda had to split screen with the GoPros since Eric's was mounted vertically. And really enjoyed the track. Great conditions on the track and weather wise.
• I liked the YZ250 a lot surprisingly! I don't ride 2 strokes too often but felt comfortable quickly on it.
• Yup think I'll put that video up either this week or next. Also filmed this weekend at another new track.
• Quite honestly I'm not sure which was faster lol. I would say Alta since I was more comfortable, but I was hitting a faster jump on the YZ that saved time. Maybe next time I'll try to compare the two.
• And honestly I wasn't planning on posting it on the forum since there is no Alta content in it. Think I'll keep it just on the youtube channel if anyone wants to view it there.

Reactions: #76